• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No TV for Syracuse Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

4 hours ago, Cow Pie said:

Pathetic. If you don't have a cable TV package then you are SOL with ESPN3.

I haven't had cable TV in 5 years, not since Sling Box came out.

USF needs to fix this when the game isn't on TV.

I remember, some years ago, watching an away game at the Sun Dome. There was a very good turnout. They should start doing that again, if possible.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 hours ago, deters- said:

I thought it went by provider not by tv package. Figured if you had an ISP that had it, you got it?

ESPN isn't going to let people who aren't paying for their channel watch their network. You pay for ESPN with your cable package, you don't with internet service.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, JTrue said:

ESPN isn't going to let people who aren't paying for their channel watch their network. You pay for ESPN with your cable package, you don't with internet service.

Well I get it so that's all that matters lol

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, deters- said:

Well I get it so that's all that matters lol

Ditto.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

17 hours ago, Southshore26 said:

Oh God yes... I remember that night... 

My 6-9 once a week Accounting class got out early and most of us ended up at the Sun Dome for that game. Ugh, I don't think I've ever seen another forward purpolsion call or another penalty being tacked on AFTER officials review a challenge(and I watch a lot of football). I still have nightmAres every once in a while of Schiano sprinting down the sideline.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

7 hours ago, 206BULL said:

My 6-9 once a week Accounting class got out early and most of us ended up at the Sun Dome for that game. Ugh, I don't think I've ever seen another forward purpolsion call or another penalty being tacked on AFTER officials review a challenge(and I watch a lot of football). I still have nightmAres every once in a while of Schiano sprinting down the sideline.

We were at Rutgers for that game and it was a tragedy. I can just imagine how bad it must have been at the Sun Dome.

So, I must have watched a different game at the Dome.

As for Syracuse, we'll be there and I just hope it doesn't end up being another debacle.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, deters- said:

I thought it went by provider not by tv package. Figured if you had an ISP that had it, you got it?

Maybe for other internet providers. I have brighthouse and unless I have the brighthouse TV cable package I can't use ESPN3.

So its either use pirate sites on the deep web, or listen to the radio.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, TexanMark said:

USF can't fix anything...the ACC controls the game.

It is on their new ACC Digital Network...in 2019 this game would be on the main ACC Network.

One option for you is to sign up for Sling.com's Orange TV package for $20 a month and add the $5 Sports package...you get a 7 day free trial.  Cancel next week.

Of course, you will need to remember your brand new Sling.com  username and Password...go through the WatchESPN verification thing...it works pretty easy. 

I know that the ACC controls the game, but in the past when the BigEast controlled a game and it wasn't on TV or on ESPN3, Brighthouse would pick the game up.

So with the Slingbox Sports Pack you can get ESPN3? Right now with my $20 package I have ESPN and ESPN2?

If this is correct then you sir are awesome.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

I remember, some years ago, watching an away game at the Sun Dome. There was a very good turnout. They should start doing that again, if possible.

@PITT 2005 was shown in the Sun Dome.  I don't know if it was called ESPN3 yet but that game could only be watched online.  Back then you didn't get access with Bright House but on campus they had a different cable provider and could stream it.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Cow Pie said:

Maybe for other internet providers. I have brighthouse and unless I have the brighthouse TV cable package I can't use ESPN3.

So its either use pirate sites on the deep web, or listen to the radio.

I use streaming sites to watch majority of Patriots games and they work fine on a small screen, but look horrible on TV. 

If you can't get it through the ISP, your best and cheapest option appears to be sling.