• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tailgating - Generator

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just thought I would share this here, as Amazon.com is doing a great deal on an inverter generator. Equivalent generators (Yamaha) go for $900 to $1,000, and this one usually sells for close to $500, but is on sale for $380 today only. For those who haven't used them before, they are really quiet and produce very little exhaust. They are great for running a TV and small appliances (fans, stereos, blenders) at tailgates. I figured I would share the offer here. Also, maybe Brad can help, but I believe there is a link to somehow go through The Bullspen so that they get credit for the purchase. 

http://amzn.to/2bzZBih

Here is a link to remember for any Amazon shopping.  Arrive at Amazon using this link and the site gets credit. 

http://bit.ly/AmazonTBP

Edited by Brad
Brad added a link that credits the site.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,624
  • Days Won:  6

Thanks Bully.  Jumped on this and it's already back up to $489.  Have friends with this generator and it's great.  $380 would have been a steal.

Shoot, looks like the deal sold out. You can still get the generator, but it is actually cheaper through Home Depot or Sears right now ($469) 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Ugh.... too late :wtf::furious3:

Edited by Dogma

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,946
  • Days Won:  469

I went to an ASU tailgate with a friend last year.  We used his generator for a number of things....I wonder how I got through 10 years of USF tailgates without a generator....

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

I went to an ASU tailgate with a friend last year.  We used his generator for a number of things....I wonder how I got through 10 years of USF tailgates without a generator....

I used to have one in my former life (pre-divorce) but left everything behind when we split, including the generator. I wasn't even going to get one, but between the price and the memories of the good times we had at tailgates with frozen drinks, watching TV, and playing Guitar Hero,  I decided to take the plunge again. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

I have a Ryobi power inverter.  Spent about $500 on it.  I can tell you for a fact it works great. Will power anything you need for tailgating.  I have several TVs hooked up to it and the satellite dish.  Very quiet and starts on the first pull (just like me)

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

This sounded like a good deal.  Another option is a large marine battery and inverter.  I've had the same one for the last few seasons and run a tv, fan & music off of it without any issues.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, BullMSEE said:

This sounded like a good deal.  Another option is a large marine battery and inverter.  I've had the same one for the last few seasons and run a tv, fan & music off of it without any issues.

This is what I do when I go camping. Works great and no noise.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,624
  • Days Won:  6

So i bit the bullet and bought the Wen generator for full price due to all the glowing reviews.  Did a test run of all things tailgating yesterday.  This gen is fantastic, powers a lot and very, very quiet.   Thanks for starting this thread even though I missed out on the daily deal.  Let's play ball!  GO BULLS!

Edited by 79 Bull