• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First Four Scouting: NIU Watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

57 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

We do realize that the majority of this offense/team came back. The same skeleton is in place that made fools of Temple, UCIF, Cincinnati...This game will be our coming out party!!! Set the tone for what we will do to all who oppose us!

Yes, but the first few games of the season last year were the "mostly same" group too, but with coaching differences. Then we changed it up and had the rest of the season to celebrate. We have new coaches that have their own ideas, and key units (OL) that had significant turnover. Not trying to throw cold water, just trying to keep expectations real (I know, I know...)

Guest PCBull14
8 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Yes, but the first few games of the season last year were the "mostly same" group too, but with coaching differences. Then we changed it up and had the rest of the season to celebrate. We have new coaches that have their own ideas, and key units (OL) that had significant turnover. Not trying to throw cold water, just trying to keep expectations real (I know, I know...)

The expectations are right where they should be. I'm not understanding why people want to temper expectations.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

I'm not understanding why people want to temper expectations.

How long have you been a Bulls fan?

• Upvote 2

Guest PCBull14
3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

How long have you been a Bulls fan?

Since I went to my first college event watching a family member kill it for USF Women's Basketball. Those were the days! So basically since I was born.

The way you run from expectations is not to have them.

Edited by PCBull14

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, PCBull14 said:

That's awesome for the team but how does that translate to a fan?

2 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

How long have you been a TBP member?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

7 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

How long have you been a TBP member?

That's easy, I can answer that one.  He's been one since 08/13/13.  Long enough to know why many of us like to temper our expectations, for certain.  

Edited by GaUSFBull

Guest PCBull14
2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

That's easy, I can answer that one.  He's been one since 08/13/13.  Long enough to know why many of us like to temper our expectations, for certain.  

Actually you're wrong. I was member before that. I will never temper my expectations for anything. Some people on here just don't know how to handle disappoint and aren't rational. Everything doesn't require a temper tantrum. 

The facts are the facts. Everyone keeps talking about new staff members, weak offensive line, excuse after excuse. We have the players we have the talent, the expectations for this season should be ten wins bottom line However, lets continue to accept mediocrity and continue to temper our expectations to be okay with average results. 

This is the same board that wanted CWT canned after two seasons playing with average players at best lol. But I'm the one that needs to temper my expectations :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Actually last year the team meet my expectations... 8-5... Look at the trend and it would say 16 wins but that's not possible so I think 15-0 with a national championship and also making CFB history. Hopefully the curse of Thursday night or October doesn't come back to haunt us.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:43 PM, PCBull14 said:

... the expectations for this season should be ten wins bottom line However, lets continue to accept mediocrity and continue to temper our expectations to be okay with average results.

Don't think anyone here is willing to accept mediocrity. There's always a lot of preseason hype for the Bulls (or just about any other CFB team). Then the litmus test of actually playing hits, and you find out where the weak points on the TEAM are (coaches and players), and whether we can find a way to cover them. Hype notwithstanding, a 10-win season is tough for any program.