• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Natron Grayson, 2017 DB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, DogeRiver said:

Yeah you are right and I thought that too; however, his tweet makes me lean towards what the 247 board said about him not having a committable offer to begin with. In my opinion, signing day wouldn't be a 'shocker' if he signed with a team he verbally commits to.  

Looks like we'll have to wait and see, personally I'm hoping we'll spend the scholarships on Donnelle Thomas and/or Naytron Culpepper.

Agreed and Brini if we think he can get his scores where they need to be. Was a little shocked by his commit last night because we have more than our fair share of takes likely to end up as Bulls that are rated above him. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

I don't know if it's just me, but I am not seeing that anywhere on his twitter.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

He deleted the tweets.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

31 minutes ago, DogeRiver said:

Yeah you are right and I thought that too; however, his tweet makes me lean towards what the 247 board said about him not having a committable offer to begin with. In my opinion, signing day wouldn't be a 'shocker' if he signed with a team he verbally commits to.  

Looks like we'll have to wait and see, personally I'm hoping we'll spend the scholarships on Donnelle Thomas and/or Naytron Culpepper.

Why would we invite a 3 star recruit for an OV but not have an offer for him?  Seems like bad form 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178

Maybe Strong wants his players to announce on signing day. It would draw attention to the class if he got a lot of signing day flips. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, NCBull said:

Why would we invite a 3 star recruit for an OV but not have an offer for him?  Seems like bad form 

Schools do this all the time to get to know the recruit better in a formal setting. Recruits take these kinds of trips in hopes that they can leave campus with an offer. That may or may not be the case in this situation but it isn't unheard of and we have had a few official visitors this year alone that fit that description. 

Visits arent just for recruits to see to see if a school is the right fit but also a chance for the coaches to see if the perspective student athlete is a good fit as well. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

53 minutes ago, SaltyBulls said:

Maybe Strong wants his players to announce on signing day. It would draw attention to the class if he got a lot of signing day flips. 

Based on his apparent personality style, I don't think so.

He may be a great recruiter, and he might be a great gameday coach, but he sure as hell is a lousy promoter.

SOMEBODY needs to step up (Harlan, I'm looking at you!)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Schools do this all the time to get to know the recruit better in a formal setting. Recruits take these kinds of trips in hopes that they can leave campus with an offer. That may or may not be the case in this situation but it isn't unheard of and we have had a few official visitors this year alone that fit that description. 

Visits arent just for recruits to see to see if a school is the right fit but also a chance for the coaches to see if the perspective student athlete is a good fit as well. 

I know that, but the week before NSD?...come on

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Any word yet?

He isn't signing today. Our offer must not have been commitable since he seemed to really want to come here.