• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

I follow recruiting pretty good.  He has recruited 2 maybe 3 four stars, total, depending on service, that are currently on the team.  Of those, none of them are star players on offense.  Look, I am a believer in QF and Mack (both three stars), but CWT was six months away from being fired, that is just fact.  He needs another good WHOLE season to prove to me that he is a good coach.  He is a great recruiter, but everything in red above is simply not true.   

From the gousfbulls.com wrap up piece on NSD:

" TAMPA, FEB. 3, 2016 – The University of South Florida football program welcomed five four-star recruits among a talented 2016 signing class of 18 players that was ranked among the top two in the American Athletic Conference. The Bulls have now corralled 11 four-star rated recruits in the last two classes. "

Go back to the 2014 class, and there's another 9 that were 4 stars on some service or another. A couple have transferred out or been booted, but of the 20 total there between his 3 classes, a big chunk are still on the roster.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

He's talking about David Kelly, who appeared to be a great recruiter at his previous college spot, but there's been nothing that I've seen that shows him having a hand in any of our signings this year. Bodes well for the future , though when Kelly gets more actively involved to go along with those out there now.

David Kelly isn't in a recruiting contact role. His job is to get teams on campus and getting film, something we know he is very capable of evaluating. I'd say keep him right where he is-the rest of the staff is going gangbusters.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

I follow recruiting pretty good.  He has recruited 2 maybe 3 four stars, total, depending on service, that are currently on the team.  Of those, none of them are star players on offense.  Look, I am a believer in QF and Mack (both three stars), but CWT was six months away from being fired, that is just fact.  He needs another good WHOLE season to prove to me that he is a good coach.  He is a great recruiter, but everything in red above is simply not true.   

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

From the gousfbulls.com wrap up piece on NSD:

" TAMPA, FEB. 3, 2016 – The University of South Florida football program welcomed five four-star recruits among a talented 2016 signing class of 18 players that was ranked among the top two in the American Athletic Conference. The Bulls have now corralled 11 four-star rated recruits in the last two classes. "

Go back to the 2014 class, and there's another 9 that were 4 stars on some service or another. A couple have transferred out or been booted, but of the 20 total there between his 3 classes, a big chunk are still on the roster.

Honestly, Army's original statement really is a moot point. It doesn't matter what the subjective ranking services said about our players before we got them. After their performances, pretty evident that QF & MM, among other 3 stars, have performed like 4 stars once they got here. He said CWT was a great recruiter and nothing else was needed. And he's right about needing to see at least one more year before drawing a definitive opinion on him as a coach.

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Honestly, Army's original statement really is a moot point. It doesn't matter what the subjective ranking services said about our players before we got them. After their performances, pretty evident that QF & MM, among other 3 stars, have performed like 4 stars once they got here. He said CWT was a great recruiter and nothing else was needed. And he's right about needing to see at least one more year before drawing a definitive opinion on him as a coach.

FWIW both QF and MM were rated 4 stars by at least one service

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

David Kelly isn't in a recruiting contact role. His job is to get teams on campus and getting film, something we know he is very capable of evaluating. I'd say keep him right where he is-the rest of the staff is going gangbusters.  

I was wondering about that, how involved the Director of Player Personnel was in the day to day recruiting. Sounds like he's not really a "recruiter" in that regard now but could maybe shift to one if needed and shuffling is done. He pulled some great talent to Oveido.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, GoBulls84 said:

Between rivals and 247, they were not.  I am not sure who seriously follows any other service, but I guess it is possible.  

32 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

17 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Between rivals and 247, they were not.  I am not sure who seriously follows any other service, but I guess it is possible.  

It doesn't matter who had them rated where once their college football careers begin ... I know you didn't start this but the only rosters that have 3, 4 & 5 star players on them are high school ones.

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

Scout for Flowers, ESPN for Mack. Obviously splitting hairs here, but just posting for argument's sake :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

What a stupid comment from Collin.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On July 28, 2016 at 3:03 PM, ArmyBull said:

Jimmy Bays (All services), Rodney Adams (Rivals...though he transferred), Marlon Mack (epsn 4 star), Quinton Flowers (Scout 4 star), R Bronson (Espn, rivals), Ivy (just transferred in from Juco), Craig Watts Jr, Salomon... These are the ones I know off the top off hand, there are others who were rated a 4 star by at least 1 service.  I follow recruiting so I know who's on the team and when they got here.  Their rankings and I've watched tape on every single guy.  So there are others.

Case in point.. Mack... he was rated a 4 star by espn yet nobody acknowledges it because they didn't know or don't pay attention.  There have been games on ESPN where they've said he's an ESPN four star recruit.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/152328/marlon-mack

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 2