• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

No trap, I think he may the best D1 recruiter in Florida.

I truly believe that now...huge pickup

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

58 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate ...

This might be the best post in this entire thread.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

No trap, I think he may the best D1 recruiter in Florida.

16 minutes ago, bullsonparade said:

I truly believe that now...huge pickup

He's talking about David Kelly, who appeared to be a great recruiter at his previous college spot, but there's been nothing that I've seen that shows him having a hand in any of our signings this year. Bodes well for the future , though when Kelly gets more actively involved to go along with those out there now.

4 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

This might be the best post in this entire thread.  

If this was the Rumors thread, I'd feel I'd accomplished more ...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

It all starts at the top.  I've met both of them and I'm very impressed with them both.  But Taggart was already recruiting at a high level.  Kelly did not recruit 1 current starter.  USF is loaded with 4 star athletes and some guys who flipped from SEC, ACC, BIG 10, and PAC 12 schools to come to USF.  While everyone was screaming for Taggart to get fired, he was recruiting all these young talented guys who are playing.  So while Kelly is good for recruiting, Taggart is the guy who these parents are giving their kids to.  I hope some day my son plays for the guy.  He's too young for contact football, but he's already throwing and catching.  

I follow recruiting pretty good.  He has recruited 2 maybe 3 four stars, total, depending on service, that are currently on the team.  Of those, none of them are star players on offense.  Look, I am a believer in QF and Mack (both three stars), but CWT was six months away from being fired, that is just fact.  He needs another good WHOLE season to prove to me that he is a good coach.  He is a great recruiter, but everything in red above is simply not true.   

Edited by ArmyBull

Guest PCBull14
4 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

I follow recruiting pretty good.  He has recruited 2 maybe 3 four stars, total, depending on service, that are currently on the team.  Of those, none of them are star players on offense.  Look, I am a believer in QF and Mack (both three stars), but CWT was six months away from being fired, that is just fact.  He needs another good WHOLE season to prove to me that he is a good coach.  He is a great recruiter, but everything in red above is simply not true.   

Yet all those players on watch lists for national awards... What say you bro?

He doesn't need to prove anything to you, because no matter what the guy does you're right there to throw bad times out.Yet we decide to include no mention of how crappy our team was on the talent wagon when he got here. Not even Saban could have saved that dumpster fire. 

The man did what needed to be done and made the changes necessary to utilize the talent we can get in Florida. CWT will end up being the best coach this program has ever had. This guy is not going anywhere, he is just getting started. Last summer was when Willie finally took off the Harbaugh training shoes and became his own coach. I don't need to see anything else from him, he has my support. I wavered for a tad last season after the Maryland game, then I watched how the team played against Memphis. I knew from that game going forward we'd be in good hands.

2 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Yet all those players on watch lists for national awards... What say you bro?

Look, I am a believer in QF and Mack (both three stars)

He doesn't need to prove anything to you, because no matter what the guy does you're right there to throw bad times out.Yet we decide to include no mention of how crappy our team was on the talent wagon when he got here. Not even Saban could have saved that dumpster fire. 

He is a great recruiter.  He needs another good WHOLE season to prove to me that he is a good coach. 

The man did what needed to be done and made the changes necessary to utilize the talent we can get in Florida. CWT will end up being the best coach this program has ever had. This guy is not going anywhere, he is just getting started. Last summer was when Willie finally took off the Harbaugh training shoes and became his own coach. I don't need to see anything else from him, he has my support. I wavered for a tad last season after the Maryland game, then I watched how the team played against Memphis. I knew from that game going forward we'd be in good hands.

I hope you are right, but I need to see more.  I actually addressed all of your questions in my original post.  It is OK to feel differently.  

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14

Trust me when you live  life I've had to live, you learn a thing or two about feeling differently. I know its OK to have MY OWN opinion.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He's talking about David Kelly, who appeared to be a great recruiter at his previous college spot, but there's been nothing that I've seen that shows him having a hand in any of our signings this year. Bodes well for the future , though when Kelly gets more actively involved to go along with those out there now.

I am not sure there would be a  "sign". The sign I would look for is quality athletes  verbal committing. Every analysis beyond that is speculation. I do feel that one guy can't get it done. Willie alone is not enough day in and day out, so my sole conclusion is job well done. Now to keep them in the fold. 

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

51 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

I am not sure there would be a  "sign". The sign I would look for is quality athletes  verbal committing. Every analysis beyond that is speculation.

A sign would be his name showing up somewhere. Quality athletes verbally committing surely isn't one because this is what CWT and staff have been doing all along. The biggest speculation in all this is that David Kelly has had any significant effect on this class. I'm hoping not because it means even better times may be ahead in that regard when he does.