• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

He stays far away from coaching and dedicates himself to doing what he does best, recruiting! Aw, crap, no!!!!!!!!! It's a trap. :FIREdevil:

No trap, I think he may the best D1 recruiter in Florida.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

14 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

I think it's pretty obvious that Coach T and his staff connect with these kids, and as 17 year old, that's HUGE.  Seems they trust him, and believe he's trying to accomplish new highs here, and tells them they can be part of that.

I think it's that, and the fact that for many, USF is close to home, is a major university and they don't need to go to the Big 3 to make it to the next level.  Maybe at USF, they feel more like a person, than an object in a recruiting machine (picture UF's McElwain connecting to these kids, as opposed to CWT...CWT grew up playing locally, possibly would have preferred to stay close, and had carved out a pretty good career and family).  CWT is a role model to young kids...not just black kids.  He's been an underdog.  He's struggled.  He's been close to fired.  He's been bombed with doubters.  And....he's pulled off the best season is 5 years, with a good trajectory ahead.

Bay made, Bay stayed is a great message for these kids to do something special, in front of family & friends.  And this team is finally fun to watch...that has to help, too.

Nailed it. I don't even have to comment now. That being said, I can't wait until Monday for media day, and fall practice so we have something to talk about again

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,405
  • Days Won:  19

There is nothing offensive about his post...

Some dude from UCF, didn't like it - because they needed something to complain about

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

10 minutes ago, Bear said:

Some dude from UCF, didn't like it - because they needed something to complain about

:facepalm:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

2 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Collin proved once again he is a jackass.

There are much better ways to say the same thing.  There are so many things he doesn't understand.

I don't think your first point was ever in question.:lmao:

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

It's David Kelly. Just my opinion.

Eh, he helps I'm sure, but Taggart has been pulling good classes since before Kelly was hired. Taggart relates to these kids, not just being the same race, but probably being a younger coach and also being from the area. He's a positive example of what the local kids can accomplish

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, GoBulls84 said:

Eh, he helps I'm sure, but Taggart has been pulling good classes since before Kelly was hired. Taggart relates to these kids, not just being the same race, but probably being a younger coach and also being from the area. He's a positive example of what the local kids can accomplish

I am sure that you have  abetter feel than I do, I have only heard Willie speak to others. Go speak with David Kelly sometime. He is simply ....darn impressive, from a parental point of view.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

I am sure that you have  abetter feel than I do, I have only heard Willie speak to others. Go speak with David Kelly sometime. He is simply ....darn impressive, from a parental point of view.

It all starts at the top.  I've met both of them and I'm very impressed with them both.  But Taggart was already recruiting at a high level.  Kelly did not recruit 1 current starter.  USF is loaded with 4 star athletes and some guys who flipped from SEC, ACC, BIG 10, and PAC 12 schools to come to USF.  While everyone was screaming for Taggart to get fired, he was recruiting all these young talented guys who are playing.  So while Kelly is good for recruiting, Taggart is the guy who these parents are giving their kids to.  I hope some day my son plays for the guy.  He's too young for contact football, but he's already throwing and catching.  

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,405
  • Days Won:  19

As long as it translates into wins

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

While everyone was screaming for Taggart to get fired

I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate ...