• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's below the radar approach to Big 12

Guest PCBull14

Love the approach. No matter what happens we still must field strong teams across the board. That's how we get in along with TV and potential to be a monster across all athletics. The Big 12 is on notice and we have a nice handful of people who will be lobbying for us at current Big 12 schools.

USF is in a great position. Look at how fast that recruiting FB class filled up. Our sports are speaking for themselves. Our coaches are doing great things. Besides being wait and see on Men's Basketball and ho hum on Volleyball we field competitive teams across all sports. What else needs to be said? We all know where we need to improve and that's in the dollar department. Dollars is what Harlan was hired for, and he better start making something happen.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Do you like this approach taken by USF?  Or does it make you nervous?  Would you like to hear more out of USF as to what is going on?  Every single other school is broadcasting their wishes for the world, and not a peep out of USF.  Yes, I know, it worked for the Big East, but will lightning strike twice?

Doesn't make me nervous at all. Would you rather we take the ECU approach and look pathetic begging for someone to pay some attention to us? And every other school isn't doing that. I haven't heard a peep out of BYU.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

19 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Love the approach. No matter what happens we still must field strong teams across the board. That's how we get in along with TV and potential to be a monster across all athletics. The Big 12 is on notice and we have a nice handful of people who will be lobbying for us at current Big 12 schools.

USF is in a great position. Look at how fast that recruiting FB class filled up. Our sports are speaking for themselves. Our coaches are doing great things. Besides being wait and see on Men's Basketball and ho hum on Volleyball we field competitive teams across all sports. What else needs to be said? We all know where we need to improve and that's in the dollar department. Dollars is what Harlan was hired for, and he better start making something happen.

And let's not forget, USF academics has been doing great!

Big 12 or Not, USF is a young university that has made a name for itself!

Edited by Bear
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Perfectly fine with it. As long as the administration is communicating with the decisionmakers in the Big 12, broadcasting our intentions and strategies publicly does nothing to help. All it does is to satisfy a desire of the public to be nosey and to know what is going on all times. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,328
  • Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

Stealth mode just like the Big East effort.   Seems to be Judy's style. 

Guest PCBull14
1 hour ago, Bear said:

And let's not forget, USF academics has been doing great!

Big 12 or Not, USF is a young university that has made a name for itself!

True, and still a lot of room to grow! Looking bright for Ole USF!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Doesn't make me nervous at all. Would you rather we take the ECU approach and look pathetic begging for someone to pay some attention to us? And every other school isn't doing that. I haven't heard a peep out of BYU.

This

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

When I was a student I remember sitting in class and talking to friends saying how cool it would be if USF had a football team. I remember that time well. Regardless of the result I will always be a fan and give what I can to USF. I like the way we  are handling this. Very, very professional. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Only go public if it makes sense strategically.  It must not make sense, at least not at this point.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, chrisdashley said:

I agree. We don't look desperate (even though we really are). Unless the Big 12 is a drunk frat boy, there's no use in hiking up our skirt and throwing ourselves at them. They see us across the room as we nurse our solo cup full of Natty Light. We need to blow in their ear,... make discreet conversation... show how we're the one to pick. End of story. We don't want to upset our boyfriend (AAC) by letting him see us flirt with someone else.

Dufuq was this analogy :lmao:

• Upvote 3