• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Emare Hogan, 2017 WR Commit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Question, with the talk of these guys possibly going to Oregon with Willie, how many Florida kids have gone out west to one school or another and stayed the full 4 years.

I am sure there are quite a few, but seems like every high profile kid that has initially passed on us to go west has ended up transferring back east. Ryan Gilliam. Woulard, Gibbons, even Dungy's kid finished up here. Kid's get home sick, especially when they don't see the field immediately. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Top of my head Agholar and L3. I know there are more but those were the first 2 Tampa kids I could think of. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390
  • Days Won:  0

more room for better recruits

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799

17 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Top of my head Agholar and L3. I know there are more but those were the first 2 Tampa kids I could think of. 

Mike Williams 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

20 hours ago, 206BULL said:

L3 is LM3?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

L3 is LM3?

Yea Leon McQuay III... 

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

"We also learned Monday that Dr. Phillips slot receiver Emare Hogan had his scholarship pulled by USF after confusion left over from the Willie Taggart regime. Apparently a grayshirted player from the 2016 class showed up to enroll earlier this month, taking a scholarship away from the incoming class. USF determined it ran out of spots and didn’t honor Hogan’s scholarship offer."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 minutes ago, KevinUSF00 said:

"We also learned Monday that Dr. Phillips slot receiver Emare Hogan had his scholarship pulled by USF after confusion left over from the Willie Taggart regime. Apparently a grayshirted player from the 2016 class showed up to enroll earlier this month, taking a scholarship away from the incoming class. USF determined it ran out of spots and didn’t honor Hogan’s scholarship offer."

So everyone reports Hogan decommitted (JK, 24/7, etc.) along with his buddies who are looking for other options. The other guys are finding lots of takers, Hogan isn't. Now it's being said USF yanked his scholarship offer and poor Hogan. I hate these reports since USF isn't allowed to comment. Could be spot on and we pulled his offer when the gray shirt enrolled 3 weeks ago and Hogan never mentioned it once to anyone. Never bitched about it on Twitter, Facebook, Myspace (whatever the kids are using these days). And it's just coming out now. Sucks big time for the kid. Could very well also be, he did decommit like his friends. Went looking for other interest and found he wasn't as desirable as he thought he was. We pulled the offer and said good luck. Now there's a story about us being the bad guys and CCS and staff can't refute a word of it.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

So everyone reports Hogan decommitted (JK, 24/7, etc.) along with his buddies who are looking for other options. The other guys are finding lots of takers, Hogan isn't. Now it's being said USF yanked his scholarship offer and poor Hogan. I hate these reports since USF isn't allowed to comment. Could be spot on and we pulled his offer when the gray shirt enrolled 3 weeks ago and Hogan never mentioned it once to anyone. Never bitched about it on Twitter, Facebook, Myspace (whatever the kids are using these days). And it's just coming out now. Sucks big time for the kid. Could very well also be, he did decommit like his friends. Went looking for other interest and found he wasn't as desirable as he thought he was. We pulled the offer and said good luck. Now there's a story about us being the bad guys and CCS and staff can't refute a word of it.

Im not worried about the Orlando Sentinal and one random recruit ruining the reputation of CCS.

CCS's cred runs deeper than this DP nobody.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

53 minutes ago, KevinUSF00 said:

Ran out of spots? We only have 13 commits and a couple transfers out, how do we not have spots avaialbe? Unless we're not taking anymore WR and Hogan is projected to be a WR. Either way, doesn't look good to take away a kid's scholarship....