• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auman/Knight: Five Biggest Wins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The Pitt game and Auburn game should be there UCF was a fun game but not a top win for sure

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Reading the timeline, and the picture of Jim Leavitt at his press conference just reminded me of how mad I was at USF for firing him. Such an amazing coach who had a great passion for USF. He wanted nothing more than to take this team all the way.I can confidently say that we would be in a better spot as a program if we had never fired him. 

I'm sort of on the fence. I don't know that we'd be "better" today looking at last year and what we have coming back, but we sure as hell wouldn't have had those 5 lost years.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Auburn game should be in there.  Not many non-SEC teams beat an SEC team at home under the lights on ESPN.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Reading the timeline, and the picture of Jim Leavitt at his press conference just reminded me of how mad I was at USF for firing him. Such an amazing coach who had a great passion for USF. He wanted nothing more than to take this team all the way.I can confidently say that we would be in a better spot as a program if we had never fired him. 

I'm sort of on the fence. I don't know that we'd be a "better" team today looking at last year and what we have coming back, but we sure as hell wouldn't have had those 4 lost years. Probably a "better" program, since I'd like to think we'd have a streak of 11 straight bowl games.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Much as I love the thought of all those past big wins and what CJL did for our program, I think we'll be back there and then some. I really think we have yet to peak...no real proof, just feeling.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I'm sort of on the fence. I don't know that we'd be "better" today looking at last year and what we have coming back, but we sure as hell wouldn't have had those 5 lost years.

I have no doubt a Leavitt USF team would consistently be at the top of the conference. As excited as I am about this year's squad, Leavitt never seemed to have a problem finding great players ando putting together awesome teams either. I guess I just fail to see why you would move on from a good thing

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Auburn win was great.  Fans were the best I've ever been around.  Auburn fans during tailgating invited us into their tents with food and drinks giving us lots of respect.  Also gave us air plane bottles of Jack to take into the stadium.   We went to the Supper Club after the game and Auburn fans bought us drinks all nite long saying what a good fan base we have and wishing us succes for the season.  Total class act on their behalf.  I'm a closet Auburn fan based on the way they treated my posse.  

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Auburn win was great.  Fans were the best I've ever been around.  Auburn fans during tailgating invited us into their tents with food and drinks giving us lots of respect.  Also gave us air plane bottles of Jack to take into the stadium.   We went to the Supper Club after the game and Auburn fans bought us drinks all nite long saying what a good fan base we have and wishing us succes for the season.  Total class act on their behalf.  I'm a closet Auburn fan based on the way they treated my posse.  

More humble and realistic fan base, in general, than 'bama or even Tennessee (you'd think they'd have gobs of humility). My favorite friends while I was in the ATL were Auburn grads. Did not get along well with most UGA fans--I was actually glad (chokes me to say) when UCF punched them in the mouth.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Five Biggest Wins:

1. WVU 2007 (W 21-13 @ home)

2. Auburn 2007 (W 26-23 @ Auburn)

3. Pittsburgh 2001 (W 35-26 @ Pitt)

4. Louisville 2005 ( W 45-14 @ home...UL ranked #9 at the time)

5. FSU 2009 (W 17-7 @ FSU)

Close but didn't make my list:

WVU 2006 (W 24-19 @ WVU)...Temple 2015 (W 44-23 @ home)...Louisville 2003 (W 31-28 2OT @ home)...Notre Dame 2011 (W 23-20 @ ND)...Kansas 2008 ( W 37-34 @ home)...Miami 2010 (W 23-20 OT @ UM)

Five Biggest Losses:

1. Rutgers 2007 (L 30-27 @ Rutgers)

2. McNeese St. 2013 (L 53-21 @ home)

3. Rutgers 2008 (L 49-16 @ home)

4.  PITT 2011 (L 44-17 @ Pitt...USF was ranked 16/14 at the time)

5. UCF 2014 (L 16-0 @ home)

Close but didnt make my list:

Cincy 2007 (L 38-33 @ home...no call P.I. in endzone on the last play of the game)

Oregon 2007 (L 56-21 @ Sun Bowl...got whipped on national television)

FAU 2013 ( L 28-10 @ home...WTF)

Rutgers 2009 (L 31-0 @ Rutgers...USF ranked 23/24 at the time)

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Five Biggest Wins:

1. WVU  2. Auburn 3. FSU  4. Notre Dame   5. Clemson