• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

Men's Tennis Coach Leaves for ASU

Members do not see this ad, Register
1 minute ago, JTrue said:

It's a good thing we don't let things like facts get in the way of our complaining. Has anyone seen a single report on contract $?

Can you think of another reason why a tennis coach would make a lateral move like this?  I concede there could be some allure to starting a team from scratch in a popular location, but it takes a suspension of disbelief to think that $ isn't playing a major role.  

And no, I can't find anything on contract details.  

If I'm the USF coach and I get an offer to restart a program in brand new facilities and my opponents are now USC, UCLA, etc. and not Tulsa and Temple, I make that move for even money in a heartbeat.

I'm sure he did get a raise, but I'd be very surprised if it was substantially higher than what we were giving him here.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cophbulls said:

I think that's one of the worst things about being in a non P5, we are a stepping stone rather than a potential final stop. Good Luck Coach Hill! Wish you the best,

Tough pill to swallow for sure, gets me in the gut every time. Hopefully we'll be okay, as long as the talent stays.

ASU Reinstates Men's Tennis Program

May 4, 2016

After an eight-year hiatus, Sun Devil Athletics announced the reinstatement of the men's tennis program at Arizona State. Through a lead gift of $1M by Buffie and Ray Anderson, Vice President for University Athletics, ASU will now field a total of 26 NCAA varsity sports.

Nine days after leaving for Arizona State, Adam Steinberg returns as Michigan men's tennis coach

ANN ARBOR – A little more than a week after Michigan men's tennis coach Adam Steinberg left to head up the Arizona State program, he's back with the Wolverines.

Michigan announced Friday that Steinberg, who resigned on June 15 after two seasons with the program, was reinstated as coach. A university news release indicated that Steinberg informed Arizona State on Friday he was not accepting the position and then asked Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel if he could return.