• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

UoF Non-Conference Football Schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

They don't show up for the crap games though. Ive been to a couple of those crap games where 30% of the stadium is empty. They have problems getting people especially students to show up for those games. 

McDonald's doesn't care if you throw out half your burger once you've already paid.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

21 hours ago, JTrue said:

McDonald's doesn't care if you throw out half your burger once you've already paid.

Yes the school gets the money for the ticker either way, but they'd like more butts in seats for those games. The school also misses out on concession sales, merchandise, etc. There have been several articles written about students and alumni not showing up. They just don't have to write actual attendance like we do. 

7 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Yes the school gets the money for the ticker either way, but they'd like more butts in seats for those games. The school also misses out on concession sales, merchandise, etc. There have been several articles written about students and alumni not showing up. They just don't have to write actual attendance like we do. 

Yes, they would like more butts in seats for those games, but not at the cost of scheduling better games they feel could be a loss. UF is obviously content with an extra win or two every year in exchange for the lost revenue. Easy fix would be to schedule a better team.  Alumni can complain all they want and so can the students, the checkbooks are still being opened. Proof UF's decision makers aren't sweating the articles and verbal complaints:

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/florida-gators.php

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Yes, they would like more butts in seats for those games, but not at the cost of scheduling better games they feel could be a loss. UF is obviously content with an extra win or two every year in exchange for the lost revenue. Easy fix would be to schedule a better team.  Alumni can complain all they want and so can the students, the checkbooks are still being opened. Proof UF's decision makers aren't sweating the articles and verbal complaints:

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sec/florida-gators.php

I know that's why they play cupcakes every year. They don't want to give us that 2nd game because they know we could beat them. We are definitely better than UMass

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

I know that's why they play cupcakes every year. They don't want to give us that 2nd game because they know we could beat them. We are definitely better than UMass

Absolutely. The chance we win isn't worth the risk financially. UF knows that an SEC team will NEVER have to worry about strength of schedule, so why not pad the win column and the final ranking. An 8-4 UF team will find its way into the polls every season for the eternity. Win your 3 cupcakes, FSU is a tossup, go .500 in conference. Bingo.

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Absolutely. The chance we win isn't worth the risk financially. UF knows that an SEC team will NEVER have to worry about strength of schedule, so why not pad the win column and the final ranking. An 8-4 UF team will find its way into the polls every season for the eternity. Win your 3 cupcakes, FSU is a tossup, go .500 in conference. Bingo.

The SEC has a couple dominant teams and the rest are average to below average teams. I'm tired of the media saying the SEC is so amazing. Just think of the recruits we could pull if we were in the SEC. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:31 PM, Rex Havoc said:

Yes the school gets the money for the ticker either way, but they'd like more butts in seats for those games. The school also misses out on concession sales, merchandise, etc. 

USF gets none of the concessions revenue, that's all TSA and the Glazers. USF gets a small percentage of parking, and the rest goes to the TSA and the Glazers. JTrue is right about USF getting money for all tickets sold, regardless of whether people showing up. I don't care whether we play Towson, NIU, or FSU, I like going to watch USF play. Based on the sentiment on the main board, I seem to be an outlier in that regard.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I don't care whether we play Towson, NIU, or FSU, I like going to watch USF play. Based on the sentiment on the main board, I seem to be an outlier in that regard

You may be an outlier but you're in a very prestigious, elite group ...

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,234
  • Days Won:  10

Now look, they have a problem canceling the LSU game.   They are being forced to play it and might have to cancel a cupcake.  Could not have happened to a better school. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Rizman said:

Now look, they have a problem canceling the LSU game.   They are being forced to play it and might have to cancel a cupcake.  Could not have happened to a better school. 

I didn't think to look at it at from that perspective but it would be awesome if they have to cancel the money grab game to play the LSU game .... but Foley's a shrewd dude.