• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats Luke Maglich

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

Congrats to OF Luke Maglich, drafted by the @Phillies! #BullsUnite

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy GoUSFBulls.com

Luke Maglich Drafted by the Phillies

TAMPA (JUNE 11, 2016) – University of South Florida outfielder Luke Maglich (Sarasota, Fla.) was selected by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 34th round of the 2016 Major League Baseball Amateur Draft on Saturday.

Maglich was the third Bull drafted this weekend after Tommy Eveld went to Arizona in the ninth round and Tampa Bay picked up Brandon Lawson in the 12th round. 

Maglich led the Bulls in 2016 with 23 steals and three walk-off hits. His .271 batting average and 18 extra-base hits also rank second on the roster this year.

The senior was a three-year starter for the Bulls. Maglich posted career-highs in batting average (.306), home runs (eight) and RBIs (38) during his junior season. He also totaled nine triples which were 10th-most in program history.

Maglich has been named to the conference all-academic team each of the last three years, was preseason all-conference in The American in 2016, and twice was recognized on The American Weekly Honor Roll this season.

This spring, he was named the USF Male Scholar Athlete of the Year at the athletic department’s Stampede of Champions event.

Stay tuned to GoUSFBulls.com each Friday as we will update you on Maglich’s progress in our “Bulls in the Pros” weekly feature.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

...and I thought the 12 rounds was a lot, wow. They must fill out all their farm teams too (I know little of the MLB draft if you couldn't tell). Hope he sticks with a team.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

...and I thought the 12 rounds was a lot, wow. They must fill out all their farm teams too (I know little of the MLB draft if you couldn't tell). Hope he sticks with a team.

According to MLB, a 12th round pick has an 11% chance of making it to the bigs. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

According to MLB, a 12th round pick has an 11% chance of making it to the bigs. 

That's a lot better than I thought.  The nice thing is, you get to show if you deserve to move up.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

20 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

That's a lot better than I thought.  The nice thing is, you get to show if you deserve to move up.

The Tampa Bay Rays selected Kiermaier in the 31st round of the 2010 Major League Baseball (MLB) draft. From Wikipedia  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Kiermaier