• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1996: We Might Have Something Here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I disagree... I had those chills looking around RayJay during 2007 WVU game. The yankees were coming to town and the fans made sure it was a packed house. I still get chills thinking about it. I also went to Auburn that year and the USF fans on that day were louder than Auburn easily. Unfortunately, in Tampa, win and people will come, I don't think that an OCS changes that. I certainly would prefer to have it on campus and would love to see it happen, but, I think everyone that thinks it will instantly change the atmosphere of a USF football game is mistaken. Win and the atmosphere will take care of itself.

2007 was magical, man.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, keithroby said:

This is a perfect way to illustrate the antiseptic experience that USF football is at Raymond James Stadium. The OCS is where your own (scholarly, personal) achievements collide with the team's on the field. When the games are on your campus, they mean more. 

Have you been to the Sun Dome?  Not quite an electrified atmosphere. Last I checked it was on campus.  It was the first time a USF football squad took the field anywhere. Of course it was packed and everyone was fired up.  They held it on a field that didn't fit 40k like an on campus stadium would have.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, keithroby said:

This is a perfect way to illustrate the antiseptic experience that USF football is at Raymond James Stadium. The OCS is where your own (scholarly, personal) achievements collide with the team's on the field. When the games are on your campus, they mean more. 

With that logic, the Spring Games on our campus the last several years should have given Louk the same feeling as that first ever public scrimmage of the USF football program ..... I'll go out on a limb and say they didn't. The USF football experience at RayJay is as good or bad as the one doing the experiencing wants to make it.

• Upvote 1