• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We just added a new TE from juco

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

It looks like we just added a Juco TE for this coming season, Adrian Palmore.  Kid graduated from juco today and announced he'd be playing at USF.  I think he was one of those Juco guys who was waiting to graduate.  I guess he suffered a knee injury and sat a season out.  He's a really good blocker from what I saw on hudl.  Just thought I'd put that out there. Oh, here is the tweet

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Wow, ACL and MCL--that's a tough rebound so I hope the rehab was good and he's ready to go. Big heart, looks like a pretty good gamble on this kid. Welcome to AP, Go Bulls!!

2 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Wow, ACL and MCL--that's a tough rebound so I hope the rehab was good and he's ready to go. Big heart, looks like a pretty good gamble on this kid. Welcome to AP, Go Bulls!!

From what I gather, he did that going into his freshman year of college in 2013.  So he's played and remained healthy in Juco.  I think he's one of those guys who had to graduate to play, because of the  ACL injury... and he's from Lakewood.... a local St. Pete guy that went to Juco.  Bay made guy... coming home.

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

10 hours ago, Calibull said:

From what I gather, he did that going into his freshman year of college in 2013.  So he's played and remained healthy in Juco.  I think he's one of those guys who had to graduate to play, because of the  ACL injury... and he's from Lakewood.... a local St. Pete guy that went to Juco.  Bay made guy... coming home.

I dunno, did you see that somewhere? Looks like from the tweet it was this past fall that the injury happened and he wasn't sure he'd get any offers because of it. Couldn't find anything on it, but his highlights (hudl) are from his redshirt freshman season at AZ Western juco--so maybe? There's only 3 games there. 

He looks like a good blocker, holds his assignments well and looks to have pretty good hands. So lots of potential there, so yeah, glad he's coming home.

35 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

I dunno, did you see that somewhere? Looks like from the tweet it was this past fall that the injury happened and he wasn't sure he'd get any offers because of it. Couldn't find anything on it, but his highlights (hudl) are from his redshirt freshman season at AZ Western juco--so maybe? There's only 3 games there. 

He looks like a good blocker, holds his assignments well and looks to have pretty good hands. So lots of potential there, so yeah, glad he's coming home.

Yeah... it does look like it was last season.  I misspoke.  But I don't worry so much about ACL/MCL today like in the past.  The technology for it has gotten a lot better.  He sits a year out and gets stronger.  He has a redshirt. 

So I just asked someone... The kid wasn't as big a gamble as some would think.  So the kid did go to Lakewood in St. Pete and was actually a pretty good prospect out of high school... except the prospects of a good football program with his grades wasn't in the horizon.  He signed with Morgan State out of high school but decided that juco would be better.  Played a year juco and before his second season he got hurt.  He sat last season out.  But he's not as big of a gamble as people think.  The kid was really good at Lakewood and if not for grades, well... who knows.  Here are some of his high school highlights and I think they have his 1st year juco too.. which is mostly blocking.  But at 6'4 245 running a 4.7 40... he's an athlete who can block and catch.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1208817/adrian-palmore

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

So I just asked someone... The kid wasn't as big a gamble as some would think.  So the kid did go to Lakewood in St. Pete and was actually a pretty good prospect out of high school... except the prospects of a good football program with his grades wasn't in the horizon.  He signed with Morgan State out of high school but decided that juco would be better.  Played a year juco and before his second season he got hurt.  He sat last season out.  But he's not as big of a gamble as people think.  The kid was really good at Lakewood and if not for grades, well... who knows.  Here are some of his high school highlights and I think they have his 1st year juco too.. which is mostly blocking.  But at 6'4 245 running a 4.7 40... he's an athlete who can block and catch.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1208817/adrian-palmore

Obviously knuckled down & focused on the classroom. Injuries have a way of doing that, plus it looks like he was determined to get to D1 without the grades being the bottleneck. He got the AA with a 3.3GPA so if he keeps that up, he should be just fine. Hope the best for him.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Obviously knuckled down & focused on the classroom. Injuries have a way of doing that, plus it looks like he was determined to get to D1 without the grades being the bottleneck. He got the AA with a 3.3GPA so if he keeps that up, he should be just fine. Hope the best for him.

Yeah... I hope the best for him too.  Always good to add another 6'4 245-250 pound TE.