• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Sentinel(Video), "If USF Runs The Table

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Getting away from the playoff talk, and more about perception, and getting us that higher ranking, we start the season out with Towson, Northern Illinois, and Syracuse before we play Florida St. We should start the season looked at being around #32, so I think the goal is to be ranked before we play a hopefully top 5 Florida St so that the perception isn't that we came onto the scene ONLY from a Florida St win (this is hypothetical obviously). We have to get noticed before we play them

Edited by NavyUSFGuy
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

19 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

No, but that wasn't the point.  You stated that there was no way a G5 would make the playoffs.  While highly unlikely, I gave you a scenario where one would.

You said "WE" would have to run the table (with a strong schedule) convincingly for 2-3 years to have a shot.  My comment is where in our OOC do you see 2-3 consecutive "tough" enough seasons for us to make the playoff following that?

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'd be happy if we can replicate this past season. Thinking National Championship presently is like thinking Bernie Sanders has a realistic chance of becoming President (thank God he doesn't). 

Two landmark achievements would be Coach Taggart allowing Q to throw a pass more than eight yards but less than 18 yards consistently. Q actually completing these mid-range passes would dictate how successful we can be as a team. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Getting away from the playoff talk, and more about perception, and getting us that higher ranking, we start the season out with Towson, Northern Illinois, and Syracuse before we play Florida St. We should start the season looked at being around #32, so I think the goal is to be ranked before we play a hopefully top 5 Florida St so that the perception isn't that we came onto the scene ONLY from a Florida St win (this is hypothetical obviously). We have to get noticed before we play them

That's the hope. We aren't starting the year ranked, and even winning the first three games might not get us there TBH. How long did it take for Memphis, Navy, Temple, Houston to get ranked? Heck had to almost be half the year! Also, NIU is no throw away game. Need to take that one very seriously; they are dangerous just like WKU when it comes to mid-majors. @ Syracuse, too even though the program has dominated there. Syracuse was gassed and cramping up last year in the Florida heat, this time we're on their turf; figuratively and literally. So what time do we think that FSU game will be? Does it benefit USF to be an earlier game or a primetime game?

Go Bulls! :GoBulls:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

If we ran the table blowing every team out... I think we could. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Depends on the number of ranked teams we best and what rank. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

no way

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I posted this as much for where it was posted as the content. The Sentinal waxing philosophical on an undefeated Bulls team. Maybe their mail bag was light this week?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

I posted this as much for where it was posted as the content. The Sentinal waxing philosophical on an undefeated Bulls team. Maybe their mail bag was light this week?

Probably wasn't getting the level of fan feedback on his regular pieces.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On May 27, 2016 at 2:48 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

You mean high  cholesterol, cluttered arteries, heart attacks? 

Jesus. You don't eat Publix hot and spicy AND your a USF fan? Rough couple of years.