• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wish Harlan and staff did a better job with this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Urban Meyer must remember how lucky his UF team got against a Holtz coached USF team. If USF had anything of an offense that day, the game would have been over at half time. 

+1  That pick 6 at the end of the first half was a killer.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

play the big boys anywhere anytime

otherwise why have a program

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

18 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

It could be that OSU sees Tulane as an easier opponent.

Could be but tOSU also scheduled Tulsa, Cincy and FAU 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

On 5/26/2016 at 10:12 PM, 2000bull said:

When did that happen? I think I remember them indefinitely postponing the return game

Actually, the opposite. 

We signed a 2 game deal with both games in Gainesville. We are the ones who kept postponing the second game. No idea if it is still on the books or if we got out. 

UF and their AD Foley have been good to us, in that they allowed us to both postpone and he made a promise that if we played the second game he would up the payout to us, since it was signed a long time ago and inflation has made the payout way too low for a game like that. 

My guess is the game is off the books and we won't play them until a new deal is signed (or in a bowl game). 

On 5/28/2016 at 10:40 AM, Bull Daly said:

Urban Meyer must remember how lucky his UF team got against a Holtz coached USF team. If USF had anything of an offense that day, the game would have been over at half time. 

Remember your history. I sure Urban remembers the beat down he took in Tampa against Jim Leavitt's USF team. (Urban was at Bowling Green when we knocked them out of the top 25)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

On 6/1/2016 at 8:58 AM, Mike Stuben said:

We signed a 2 game deal with both games in Gainesville. We are the ones who kept postponing the second game. No idea if it is still on the books or if we got out. 

This is not my recollection at all. I recall the first rescheduling being us, but the second one (that took it off calendar entirely) to only happen after we played UF close at the swamp.

1 hour ago, WWMJD said:

This is not my recollection at all. I recall the first rescheduling being us, but the second one (that took it off calendar entirely) to only happen after we played UF close at the swamp.

I can't find a link to the times, but here is an article referencing the Times, saying that we asked it be postponed because the Big East was changing and didn't know how many conference games we would have to play each year (while the SEC is stable for the most part, our future wasn't).  http://www.onlygators.com/05/25/2011/two-bits-blakely-to-auburn-usfuf-postponed/ 

Edited by Mike Stuben

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

I guess no one knows that the OOC schedule is basically scheduled years in advance. The only problem I have with the OOC is the fcs team that's always scheduled to kick off the season. Change that to a fbs school and we are good.

1 hour ago, dlbattle said:

I guess no one knows that the OOC schedule is basically scheduled years in advance. The only problem I have with the OOC is the fcs team that's always scheduled to kick off the season. Change that to a fbs school and we are good.

Yes, their game against tOSU is scheduled 2 years from now.  The same week we have an open date.  

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Temple signs 3 game series with Oklahoma.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/college/Temple--Oklahoma-agree-to-three-game-football-series.html

we have to start getting some of theses deals.