• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baylor dismisses head football coach Art Briles

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

. . . and our next offensive consultant, after Kinnan decides to truly retire . . . :popcorn:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Always room for one more on the CWT Bus, welcome Coach Briles 

• Downvote 5

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I'm glad coach T was able to pick his brain before this happened. Great football coach, ****** human being.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

He was a really good coach, who at lowly Baylor had to make some tough decisions to grow and protect his success. Anyone like Briles that's done it this way for years and is satisfied with what it took to get where he did, can't be told they've done something wrong. "Violated rules", sure, whatever, but lose sleep over it? Probably not one wink. It'd be better if they took all his money away, then maybe he'd be forced to reflect on the journey. Pitiably, at his age and still with some contract money due, he can afford to give the finger to the system on his way out.

I wonder how Baylor will fare now, but they probably have a much larger donor pool to help out now that Briles built them a nice house--personally I hope they fall flat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I'll bet Baylor has ceased  payments while they negotiate. They won't pay him much IMO.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

On May 27, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Ionbull said:

There hasn't been a death penalty since SMU right? And they are still trying to advance past that. Was PSU an actual death penalty? I know they got reinstated their postseason ban fairly early. 

SMU was the only football team to ever get the death penalty but there have been schools in other sports that have gotten the death penalty. PSU was not given the death penalty but they came the closest to it. They were basically given 2 options take the penalties the NCAA gave or get 4 year death penalty. The choose the penalties and didn't fight them.  

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Briles is done, AD hires interim Coach, then AD resigns. Baylor will not make  a whimper for 24 months, nor will the enabler.....Briles.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Now that Baylor has an opening for an AD position is there a chance that we lose Harland to this job?   If that was to happen how big of a blow would that be to our chances to gain entry into the BIG 12

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, bullnupe said:

Now that Baylor has an opening for an AD position is there a chance that we lose Harland to this job?   If that was to happen how big of a blow would that be to our chances to gain entry into the BIG 12

0% and none at all.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

47 minutes ago, bullnupe said:

I don't think Harlan would want to walk into that mess. Yeah, we were a mess when he came in and in many ways still are, but we have never faced any academic or athletic scandals with USF athletics (I'm hoping that there's no blowback from Taggart's very good recruiting). Baylor is in deep trouble. I don't think most AD candidates will touch that job with a ten foot pole.