• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

help please on seating

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

Usf all the way since i first watched them on espn over here.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

We're a lock for the Big 12 once they realize that with Great Britian, the sun never sets on our media market 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

17 hours ago, SPartan74uk said:

Usf all the way since i first watched them on espn over here.

This has to be an awesome story.  Please tell us how you ended up cheering for USF.  

I have loved (American) football since 1985 when it was first broadcast here in the UK, in 1996 i started playing and in 1997 was lucky enough to be in the british championship final and won. I can't get enough of the game. I went to every London Monarchs game in NFL Europe. I have been to Miami, Dublin and have seen all the nfl games in London. Last year BT Sport in the UK picked up NCAA coverage and the first game i caught was a little game against UCF on thanksgiving.  I loved the passion of the players, you could see these guys loved the game and wanted to carve out a career for themselves. I knew i was coming to Florida this year and my wife surprised me with a ticket to a game of my choice.  I've seen salute to service games in London and can't think of a better one to go to than Navy.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

35 minutes ago, SPartan74uk said:

I have loved (American) football since 1985 when it was first broadcast here in the UK, in 1996 i started playing and in 1997 was lucky enough to be in the british championship final and won. I can't get enough of the game. I went to every London Monarchs game in NFL Europe. I have been to Miami, Dublin and have seen all the nfl games in London. Last year BT Sport in the UK picked up NCAA coverage and the first game i caught was a little game against UCF on thanksgiving.  I loved the passion of the players, you could see these guys loved the game and wanted to carve out a career for themselves. I knew i was coming to Florida this year and my wife surprised me with a ticket to a game of my choice.  I've seen salute to service games in London and can't think of a better one to go to than Navy.

That's great to hear and I'm certainly very glad that you saw us first.  USF athletics is a passion for many of us,  football especially so.  This team figured out a lot of  things last year and we're very excited to see how they do this year.  What position did you play? 

Started defensive end for 2 seasons then became right tackle

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, SPartan74uk said:

Started defensive end for 2 seasons then became right tackle

How many years of eligibility left? :thumbsup:

Great to se you will be able to make it to a game. That'll be a good one. If you need any Tampa tips or anything I'm sure we can tell you the good spots and what's great in and around the stadium. Besides publix of course. 

I'll definitely take you up on that offer, thank you. I went to the Ray Jay in 2013 to take my dad on a stadium tour, I parked in the car park and then went to the Cuban restaurant/café near by.  That was the extent of my explorations.  Got to love a Publix.  More of a Walmart man myself ;-)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Visiting English folks attending American football games are usually surprised to see fans of opposing teams sitting near each other in stands.  In Europe I guess you could end up getting skinned alive at a big soccer match if you showed up wearing the wrong team gear in the opposing team's side of stadium!

Edited by Oldsmobull
correction

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, SPartan74uk said:

I have been to Miami, Dublin and have seen all the nfl games in London. Last year BT Sport in the UK picked up NCAA coverage and the first game i caught was a little game against UCF on thanksgiving.

Glad to have you aboard as a fan, but I'd like a point of clarification. Based solely on your explanation, I'd peg you to follow the Knights or the Hurricanes before following the Bulls. If you've seen UCF in person, and you've been to Miami, what drew you to USF specifically?