• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC post spring power rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,326
  • Days Won:  43

All these high outlooks scare me. I will keep saying 6-6 until I'm proven wrong. Don't want my hopes up too high as I don't want that heartbreak. Go Bulls!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

That something was WKU's better conditioned players. They play in the Sunbelt conference, but their juniors and seniors, particularly those in the trenches, looked remarkably bigger than our players. It wasn't a matter of our guys taking the Hilltoppers lightly, WKU beat us straight-up. Doughty had a hell of a game, and our defense didn't do much to neutralize in the second half of that game. 

Disagree. If conditioning were the issue, the 4th Q would have seen even more scoring for them. We dried them up in the 4th, and were moving the ball better too. It just looked to me like a blown mental game after the half that got shored up in the 4th. And all the cred's in the world to WKU, they exploited our weakness and definitely won that game. It's for that reason I have my minor concerns for our D being able to sustain a championship season, but I sincerely hope Woodie is up to the task. Like I said though, we fought to the end and figured it out, which is a very promising difference from our previous seasons.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

Disagree. If conditioning were the issue, the 4th Q would have seen even more scoring for them. We dried them up in the 4th, and were moving the ball better too. It just looked to me like a blown mental game after the half that got shored up in the 4th. And all the cred's in the world to WKU, they exploited our weakness and definitely won that game. It's for that reason I have my minor concerns for our D being able to sustain a championship season, but I sincerely hope Woodie is up to the task. Like I said though, we fought to the end and figured it out, which is a very promising difference from our previous seasons.

I agree with you raptor... That's exactly how I see it.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

All these high outlooks scare me. I will keep saying 6-6 until I'm proven wrong. Don't want my hopes up too high as I don't want that heartbreak. Go Bulls!!

LOL I'm kind of the same wanting to taper my expectations. Easier being the underbull than the presumed favorite to win it all cause any faltering and it's a disappointment. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Ionbull said:

LOL I'm kind of the same wanting to taper my expectations. Easier being the underbull than the presumed favorite to win it all cause any faltering and it's a disappointment. 

Live a little, bet it all on black. (in this case green). Let fate take the rest and enjoy the show, it's not like any of us can make a meaningful difference anyways other than buying season tickets, buying Bulls swag, and eating a publix sub at a tailgate. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

meaningless

what a bad conference

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

7 hours ago, smazza said:

meaningless

what a bad conference

And thanks to alumni like you, odds are we stay there ...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, smazza said:

meaningless

what a bad conference

Yeah, you're probably right. If the P5 were entertaining expansion, they surely wouldn't want to dwell on the winners in the G5.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

14 hours ago, smazza said:

meaningless

what a bad conference

Which we need to win lots and lots of times.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 5/28/2016 at 1:03 PM, raptorcj said:

I guess we'll agree to disagree, but I saw our defensive backfield getting toasted and Doughty having all day to pass in that 4th quarter. Their offensive linemen were manhandling our defensive line in that fourth quarter.