• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC post spring power rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Could definitely be a really magical year for the bulls. FSU will tell us a lot. So much excitement for that game. Can't wait to see what Mack can do this year, and I think we have some very solid QB's and Receivers going forward. Is this possibly one of the best potential offenses we have had at USF? 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

20 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

Could definitely be a really magical year for the bulls. FSU will tell us a lot. So much excitement for that game. Can't wait to see what Mack can do this year, and I think we have some very solid QB's and Receivers going forward. Is this possibly one of the best potential offenses we have had at USF? 

Think we could beat Western Kentucky this year?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

Yes.  We should have actually beaten them last season.  We beat ourselves in the second half.  Their senior leadership and experience showed.  I also think our guys took them a little light.  I remember all the fun videos the guys were posting in Miami and they played like a team that was just happy to be there.  I think this season... this team is set for something nice.

1 hour ago, SpeedyBull said:

I think with the emergence of Flowers, Mack will have more running lanes this season.  I've rewatched that game a few times and they completely stacked the line.  This year Flowers is experienced enough to make them pay.  We gotta shot...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Yes

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 5/26/2016 at 7:25 PM, Calibull said:

Yes.  We should have actually beaten them last season.  We beat ourselves in the second half.  Their senior leadership and experience showed.  I also think our guys took them a little light.  I remember all the fun videos the guys were posting in Miami and they played like a team that was just happy to be there.  I think this season... this team is set for something nice.

I don't know if they took them a little light, but I definitely could believe they were happy to be there. Thinking of what the seniors on the team, and to only a slightly lesser degree the juniors, had been through I don't know that I could really blame them.

I do think the team will be taking a more business-like approach to most games this year. They've had the taste of success. Finally snapped out of the doldrums of all the losing. Now they can focus on making winning a habit.

Edited by GoBulls84

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

They were pretty well prepared for the first half, but something must have happened at halftime, an injection of a bulletproof attitude or something. That 3rd Q was probably the worst quarter of defense we had all season. Figured it out in the 4th, which is good, but it was too late.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, raptorcj said:

They were pretty well prepared for the first half, but something must have happened at halftime, an injection of a bulletproof attitude or something. That 3rd Q was probably the worst quarter of defense we had all season. Figured it out in the 4th, which is good, but it was too late.

Yeah... I am one who's of the mind that the defense might be better under Coach Woodie than Allen.  I just got that feeling.  He's an aggressive guy... I think we'll see a much more discipline defense this season also.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

10 hours ago, raptorcj said:

That something was WKU's better conditioned players. They play in the Sunbelt conference, but their juniors and seniors, particularly those in the trenches, looked remarkably bigger than our players. It wasn't a matter of our guys taking the Hilltoppers lightly, WKU beat us straight-up. Doughty had a hell of a game, and our defense didn't do much to neutralize in the second half of that game.