• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

“Kickoff With Coach Taggart” Events Reach Capacity After Six Days

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

We have also renewed over 90% of last years football season ticket members, which is a percentage I do not believe we've ever hit before.

This is a little puzzling to me. After going through the previous years, why wouldn't a figure a lot closer to 90% renew? After 2007, it's hard to understand why the figure wasn't at least 90% ....... but maybe it's just the nature of the beast and, because of a multitude of circumstances, most programs go through this type attrition on annual basis no matter what kind of year they had.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

This is a little puzzling to me. After going through the previous years, why wouldn't a figure a lot closer to 90% renew? After 2007, it's hard to understand why the figure wasn't at least 90% ....... but maybe it's just the nature of the beast and, because of a multitude of circumstances, most programs go through this type attrition on annual basis no matter what kind of year they had.

2007, housing market crash, lot of **** hit the fan then not just our football team. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

16 hours ago, Triple B said:

I saw that SpeedyBull already replied to this, but the market crash had a huge impact on renewals after 2007, especially in areas where the annual gift was increased.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Not sure if 90% is the key number or 90% before June 1?  

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

FYI,

The registration for the rescheduled Sarasota/Bradenton and Tampa events have been reopened for registration:

---

REGISTER FOR TAMPA OR BRADENTON/SARASOTA

St. Petersburg event set for Thursday remains scheduled as planned

Tampa event moved to June 21, Bradenton/Sarasota to June 22

TAMPA, JUNE 8, 2016  – Due to heavy rains from Tropical Storm Colin that saturated the staging area, Wednesday’s “Kickoff With Coach Taggart” event scheduled for Tampa has been rescheduled.

The event, previously scheduled for tonight at Ulele restaurant’s riverside patio area in Tampa, has been moved to Tuesday, June 21. Thursday’s “Kickoff with Coach Taggart” event set for St. Petersburg remains scheduled as planned.

Wednesday’s Tampa event is the second of four “Kickoff With Coach Taggart” events postponed this week due to the effects of Tropical Storm Colin. USF has also rescheduled the event set for Pier 22 in Bradenton to be held on Wednesday, June 22. Registrations for both the Tampa and Bradenton/Sarasota events, which were previously at capacity, will be reopened with the date change. Fans who did not previously register to attend those events, but would like to attend, are encouraged to register now at this LINK. Fans who have already registered do not need to do so again.

Admission to all events is free. Space is limited and fans are asked to pre-register on-line to help ensure admission.

“Kickoff With Coach Taggart” Dates below:

Thursday, June 9 – St. Petersburg
6-8 p.m.: The Canopy Rooftop Lounge
340 BEACH DR NE ST  | PETERSBURG, FL 33701

http://www.thebirchwood.com/
AT CAPACITY/REGISTRATION CLOSED

Tuesday, June 21 – Tampa
6-8 p.m.: Ulele
1810 N HIGHLAND AVE | TAMPA, FL 33602

http://www.ulele.com/
Free, advanced registration requested

Wednesday, June 22 – Bradenton/Sarasota:
6-8 p.m.: Pier 22

1200 1ST AVENUE WEST | BRADENTON, FL 34205

http://pier22dining.com/

Free, advanced registration requested

Follow  @USFFootball on twitter for all the latest information concerning the USF Football program.

-       #GoBulls –

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I went tonight and had a great time. If you've never been, I highly recommend going. It was a great setting and nice hearing cwt talk about the team. I have a feeling this is going to be a big year for USF Football. 

image.jpeg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

We had about 60 tonight for the South Florida leg of the tour. Thanks to Alan Steinberg, Carlos Rodriguez, Bill McCausland, and all who helped to put it together!

I agree with above comments. It is clear the fan base needs to help more than we have recently with positioning the school as best it can be. The RayJay needs to sell out for every game, not just for FSU. CWT mentioned that tonight and he's right. Win and they will come, but we need to be there no matter what. Not everyone may be able to buy expensive sideline seats... but USF gives us some really affordable options for season tickets and we need to be there to support the team. Tickets to games anyone can't make it to can be listed on the website for sale or can be donated to a lot of good causes. We need to get more friends to come out for games... this year may be a crucial springboard.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

8 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

We had about 60 tonight for the South Florida leg of the tour. Thanks to Alan Steinberg, Carlos Rodriguez, Bill McCausland, and all who helped to put it together!

I agree with above comments. It is clear the fan base needs to help more than we have recently with positioning the school as best it can be. The RayJay needs to sell out for every game, not just for FSU. CWT mentioned that tonight and he's right. Win and they will come, but we need to be there no matter what. Not everyone may be able to buy expensive sideline seats... but USF gives us some really affordable options for season tickets and we need to be there to support the team. Tickets to games anyone can't make it to can be listed on the website for sale or can be donated to a lot of good causes. We need to get more friends to come out for games... this year may be a crucial springboard.

I totally agree with donating any unused tickets. I think we have a lot of fans not using or donating their tickets when they can't attend. Butts in the seats will greatly improve the atmosphere. 

I also think everyone should buy a couple extra tickets to invite friends, coworkers, etc to attend. I know I've had a couple friends like the games so much they bought tickets themselves. This year should be an exciting year, invite people to come experience USF football. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Season ticket holder since graduating in 08, haven't been to a game let alone back in FL since the 09 season. I switch between the Boys and Girls Club and Big Brothers and big Sisters of America for my donations of tickets so I agree on the donating thing obviously. It's great to give kids that wouldn't normally able to go otherwise and incase I ever am able to move back to FL I have my seats that I picked out 8 years ago.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

22 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I totally agree with donating any unused tickets. I think we have a lot of fans not using or donating their tickets when they can't attend. Butts in the seats will greatly improve the atmosphere. 

I also think everyone should buy a couple extra tickets to invite friends, coworkers, etc to attend. I know I've had a couple friends like the games so much they bought tickets themselves. This year should be an exciting year, invite people to come experience USF football. 

That is exactly what we do.  We need 5 and buy 7.  Bring different friends to the games with us.  One is close to buying his own season tickets. He's a Michigan State grad but with living down here now he has adopted the Bulls as his hometown team.  BTW, he gave us a nice tour of the Michigan State campus when we played up there.