• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Email: Important Message from Director of Athletics Mark Harlan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

USF needs to hope expansion is delayed at least 2 years so that our program gets a chance to build up a better resume. I think a lot of our sports are on the upswing, plus the AAC isn't a bad home for now

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

35 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Having a branch(s) on the campus dosen't make them "their's", anymore than Publix will belong to USF when they open a branch on campus.

CFE is all about UCF, they're joined at the hip. We need Suncoast Credit Union to be our CFE.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Bullshutter said:

Not sure how accurate but I heard back when they first sought out to sell naming rights, companies were concerned the name SunDome would always overshadow any name change since it has been named that way for decades prior. 

1 hour ago, Ned A Starr said:

And you believe that??   Did the Ice Palace name stop Tampa Bay Times renaming it the TBT Forum, or Amalie Oil from renaming it Amalie Arena?   I have some beach front property in Arizona you may be interested in.

He didn't say he believed it. He specifically said "not sure how accurate" .... and I'm not sure how accurate either but it's not that unbelievable considering it's been the SunDome for almost four decades .... which is why trying to compare it to an arena that's changed its' name 4 times in 2 decades is, not unexpectedly, totally ludicrous.

38 minutes ago, UCFKnight04 said:

It's incorrect in that UCFs credit union is...wait for it...the UCF Federal Credit Union.  That's UCFFCU for short.

CFE is Central Florida Educators.   I think they had one ATM on campus before they increased their presence at the same time as the naming rights thing.   They may not have even had that.  

They increased their presence two years BEFORE the naming rights. However one wants to spin this, it was low hanging fruit .... butts and all.

merger_landing.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Trip likes low hanging butts.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Trip likes low hanging butts.

Sir Mix A Lot song?? Nice!!

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

On 5/6/2016 at 5:11 PM, Bullschmutz said:

We have something most other schools do not. A plethora of corporations surrounding the University. We may not have a T. Boone Pickens, but we have billions being generated here in the bay area. It would be nice if they jumped on the bus.

How's that corporate sponsorship working out for the Rays?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,735
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not sure we have a 'plethora' of corporations surrounding the university. The knock on Tampa has been the absence of corporate headquarters down this way, as opposed to having the back-office or branch operations. I think it's a little different to sell naming rights to only one (Raymond James Stadium) of thirty-two NFL venues than it is to sell the naming rights for something that is very, very local... like the Sun Dome. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Can we just post an official document regarding the minimizing and dismissing of everything UCF has the we do not?  That way, we would not have to bore everyone with facts and such.  Additionaly, Trip would not have to waste time multi-quoting and perhaps it would ease the troll-ish arguments.  

• Upvote 2