• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB transfer from USC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, JoshuaG said:

Bittersweet for me only because we need the schollie space

Just sweet for me. When was the last time we pulled in a recruit of his caliber? I'll take him getting a year to acclimate, grow, and bang bodies with our guys in practice for a year. Working up against a 6-11 guy who can move a little can only make us better.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

So, either he doesn't have the skill set to compete, or he lacks the drive to compete for playing time, or both.  Orlando appears to like cast offs.

Maybe he doesn't like California girls. That's easily 50% of why being an athlete is awesome.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Just stiwasck to be being the WBB "expert". You're pretty clueless when it comes to this side. Here's a "cast-off" with similar numbers to Martin at his first stop ....

http://www.gousfbulls.com/pics32/800/KW/KWPEPKEXZKACUHI.20120227202543.jpg

Good one, Trips. Kentrell Gransbery was a good cast off for us too. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, JTrue said:

Just sweet for me. When was the last time we pulled in a recruit of his caliber? I'll take him getting a year to acclimate, grow, and bang bodies with our guys in practice for a year. Working up against a 6-11 guy who can move a little can only make us better.

I hear you, I was just excited to try to pull a few of the true fresh being recruited like LJ Figueroa. Now we have one schollie. So I'm hoping this doesn't limit us too much.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Anyone who has played sports knows that a change of scenery can make ALL the difference for an athlete. Hope he comes in and kicks butt

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, JTrue said:

Just sweet for me. When was the last time we pulled in a recruit of his caliber?

Roddy Peters? 

Transfers like this are a roll of the dice and all we can hope for is that he turns out more like KG and RAJ. 

As far as taking up a scholarship slot, we weren't supposed to have  any available at this point to begin with so not sure how hard they were recruiting for this year anyway. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they even fill the last one. 

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Roddy Peters? 

Transfers like this are a roll of the dice and all we can hope for is that he turns out more like KG and RAJ. 

As far as taking up a scholarship slot, we weren't supposed to have  any available at this point to begin with so not sure how hard they were recruiting for this year anyway. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they even fill the last one. 

I meant more straight of high school. But you're right, he's essentially taking Perry's spot. 

28 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Unless he gets a waiver Martin will never play a minute for COA. The roster next year may be less talented and experienced than last year, and the frontline is a mess. It will be interesting to see if Harlan does him any favors with the non-conference schedule.

Don't think it's less talented but definitely less experienced .... and aren't the coaches themselves usually responsible for the bulk of the ooc schedule?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

Roddy Peters? 

Well I suppose that's true, but then again I was hoping even when we added Manderson that we would keep that schollie for a true fresh. I just hope it pans out because our Junior class is gigantic and that's going to be a tough class to fill in for.

19 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

Well I suppose that's true, but then again I was hoping even when we added Manderson that we would keep that schollie for a true fresh. I just hope it pans out because our Junior class is gigantic and that's going to be a tough class to fill in for.

I think the only scholarship "Juniors" as far as eligibility is concerned we have this year are Bo, Thorpe and Ruben. I'm assuming Holston gets a year added on and I'm not sure what the eligibility deal is with Manderson, who I have a bad feeling about anyway. Did I do the math correctly?