• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many Bulls will be drafted?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

That's pretty much my take.

However, I happened to meet Whitehurst as he was walking by my house, about a week ago, and he said he ran a 4.4 forty at his pro-day. IF that is true, then I could see him being a lat draft pick. I asked him whether he would prefer to be drafted in the 7th round or sign with a team as an undrafted free agent. Not surprisingly, (to me at least), he'd rather sign as an UDFA because he would have more options in choosing a team where he might have a better chance to stick. 

its hard to imagine a back up linebacker at USF getting drafted, but then again Mike McFarland was a back up tight end and he got drafted, so it isn't impossible. Its good to see he has NFL aspirations.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Production is so low on the NFL radar for why a guy gets drafted. Every year it seems "workout warriors" get picked somewhere. So I can see a guy who has measurable getting drafted late regardless of what they did on the field at USF. One thing you never hear from anyone associated with the draft is, "That guy had great stats and a guy who succeeded in college has a place on our team."

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Four!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

17 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

its hard to imagine a back up linebacker at USF getting drafted, but then again Mike McFarland was a back up tight end and he got drafted, so it isn't impossible. Its good to see he has NFL aspirations.

Mike had some great utility and was an athletic specimen. Towards the end, he might have become known just as much for his ability to block kicks as run at TE. Pretty sure Whitehurst did some coverage, too, so maybe that and his pro-day measurables get him a look for ST if not for LB.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

13 hours ago, JTrue said:

Production is so low on the NFL radar for why a guy gets drafted. Every year it seems "workout warriors" get picked somewhere. So I can see a guy who has measurable getting drafted late regardless of what they did on the field at USF. One thing you never hear from anyone associated with the draft is, "That guy had great stats and a guy who succeeded in college has a place on our team."

tebow-4.png

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

With the type of number Byrd put up last year, I thought he could have been gone as high as the 2-3rd round. Unfortunately, he didn't have as good of a senior season, but I think he has 3-5th round potential. 

I can see Thor and Price being potential 6-7th round guys. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'd love to see both Byrd and Thor get drafted, but I think they may be considered "undersized." Rookie free agency may be in their future. Eric Lee and Sean Price have NFL builds, if their workouts knock the socks off some GM's, may be those two provide the best chance at having some Bulls drafted. I was pleasantly surprised to see Bulls drafted last year, as I wasn't expecting that at all.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

Price and Byrd toward the end of Day 3.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Unfortunately I think no Bulls get drafted this year. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Be cool to see QF get the hype Bortles did when he leaves.