• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Game Stats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

2 hours ago, Ionbull said:

This was my first ever spring game and it was a lot of fun to watch. AW also had a few drops from receivers; honestly looks like USF has some really solid depth at QB. 4 receivers had 70+ yards. QF was making some next level throws out there, he's definitely improved a lot and seems like such a class act guy. Mitchell Wilcox looks to be the real deal; he made an eye popping catching over the middle. Guys I noticed on the defense were Mcgee, Auggie, Jaymon Thomas, and Mazzi Wilkins made a nice pick-2. Awoleke and Hector were in the backfield a bunch, too. The RB's all run very hard; Mack//Johnson//Tice//Sands.....heck even Gunter had a TD. 

The offense (especially on the White team) experimented with some interesting sets almost right out of a Baylor Playbook. Had receivers lined up all the way to the sidelines and some in bunch//trip formations that were interesting. Also I didn't attribute all of the yardage to bad defense; a lot of it was pretty throws by the QB's and the receivers making plays. The defense was all over the field, too. All in all a great game to watch and NO ONE GOT HURT! 

Edit:

Only problems I saw was a lot of fumbles on both sides. Some due to awkward snaps, but mostly just open field stuff. A lot of times unforced. There were a handful of penalties on the OL, and a few personal fouls. Also receivers and drops. Again this is a scrimmage so not overly worrisome. 

Great summary. Thx for the recap :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

21 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Is it me or is Auggie starting to look a bit like B. Moffit.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

On April 17, 2016 at 9:20 PM, raptorcj said:

Admittedly good propaganda. Maybe a little inside info wouldn't hurt either...

Personally I feel like it's a little weird to embrace USF if he did his work at FSU, but hey to each his own.

I mean...he just showed up to his cousin's Spring game and wore a shirt.  "Embracing" might be a bit strong.  Now if he buys season tickets or wears a USF shirt at the game this Fall, Noles will be pissed.  Which would be very funny.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, NCBull said:

I mean...he just showed up to his cousin's Spring game and wore a shirt.  "Embracing" might be a bit strong.  Now if he buys season tickets or wears a USF shirt at the game this Fall, Noles will be pissed.  Which would be very funny.

Just my impression. It's based on more than a shirt, though, it's been reported he's interacted with CWT a few times too. To each his own, he's integrating into Tampa which is a good thing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

50 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

he's integrating into Tampa which is a good thing.

This ↑

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

On April 17, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Shockley3333 said:

Why is no one else commenting on this? It is AWESOME to see Winston in a Bulls shirt....I think I can be a Bucs fan now

http://www.usforacle.com/news/view.php/1019700/Bucs-Winston-takes-in-USFs-annual-spring

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Night and day watching the attendance of this game and the Spring games on ESPN. UGA had 93,000. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I love seeing Winston in a Bulls shirt.  Been a fan of his since he started at FSU, one of the best QBs I've ever seen, and as a Bucs fan, was ecstatic that the stars aligned for Tampa to get him. 

He's doing this to further become part of the community.  Trust me, he'll be wearing FSU colors during our game against them this year.  But I love seeing this bonding with the community in the meantime.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

He's doing this to further become part of the community.  Trust me, he'll be wearing FSU colors during our game against them this year.  But I love seeing this bonding with the community in the meantime. 

This. It's good PR on his part to sport the "Green and Gold" during this game to support his "cousin." When FSU rolls into town, I have no doubt that Winston will be rocking his Garnett.