• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Game Stats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

1 minute ago, mark_my_words said:

I was at the game.  

I think once he settled down AW played well. 

QF is just such a heady player and makes things happen.  Tice looked great.   

Robles surprised me. 

The best part was watching the alumni play at halftime.   Chad Barnhardt was out there against Grothe.  Looked like they were having a blast. 

IMG_20160416_192559.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the update :GoBulls:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

49 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

This is def QFs team but i was impressed with Kean, he threw one ball to Legree which was an nfl throw, hit him in the numbers as soon as he turned, AW didnt seem like a leader to me, but im prolly overreading a scrimmage too....alot of depth at our skill positions, wr, te and rb....the lines will determine how special this year will be....Atterbury just plain plays mean out there

Yeah he looked good to me too. It's hard to evaluate and compare because it was basically two hand touch on the quarterbacks.

I thought that would be an advantage to somebody like aw given that he was a better passer in theory. It didn't necessarily work out that way because Flowers was once again smart about finding his outlets.

What I came away with it is that we had some really nice depth at quarterback.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Friend of mine sent me this photo of J Winston at the game sporting a Bulls shirt. 

image.jpeg

Why is no one else commenting on this? It is AWESOME to see Winston in a Bulls shirt....I think I can be a Bucs fan now

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

18 minutes ago, Shockley3333 said:

Why is no one else commenting on this? It is AWESOME to see Winston in a Bulls shirt....I think I can be a Bucs fan now

It's interesting for sure. Just not sure what's going on there, but if I were a noles fan I'd be furious. Just something doesn't seem right about it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

20 minutes ago, Shockley3333 said:

Just now, raptorcj said:

It's interesting for sure. Just not sure what's going on there, but if I were a noles fan I'd be furious. Just something doesn't seem right about it.

Jim and Justin commented about it at halftime. Said CWT reached out to JW. Ladarrius Jackson is his cousin ... They also said it should make for some nice propaganda during FSU week.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I think it's a smart PR move for Winston. USF and FSU aren't rivals even though we play this year. It's a smart way for him to gain some local, USF support. I doubt the majority of FSU fans give a rip or will even hear about it. If they do, most responses will be "meh".

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Jim and Justin commented about it at halftime. Said CWT reached out to JW. Ladarrius Jackson is his cousin ... They also said it should make for some nice propaganda during FSU week.

Admittedly good propaganda. Maybe a little inside info wouldn't hurt either...

Personally I feel like it's a little weird to embrace USF if he did his work at FSU, but hey to each his own.

Back to the spring game, though, this is how I hoped it would turn out. QF showed he's comfortable with his role and the team, and can make it work with the guys he has. Not reading too much into it, but I'm excited to see what we can do with a little more time over the summer/fall.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks for recap wasnt able to make it.

Nice to finally have some good depth at qb.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

This was my first ever spring game and it was a lot of fun to watch. AW also had a few drops from receivers; honestly looks like USF has some really solid depth at QB. 4 receivers had 70+ yards. QF was making some next level throws out there, he's definitely improved a lot and seems like such a class act guy. Mitchell Wilcox looks to be the real deal; he made an eye popping catching over the middle. Guys I noticed on the defense were Mcgee, Auggie, Jaymon Thomas, and Mazzi Wilkins made a nice pick-2. Awoleke and Hector were in the backfield a bunch, too. The RB's all run very hard; Mack//Johnson//Tice//Sands.....heck even Gunter had a TD. 

The offense (especially on the White team) experimented with some interesting sets almost right out of a Baylor Playbook. Had receivers lined up all the way to the sidelines and some in bunch//trip formations that were interesting. Also I didn't attribute all of the yardage to bad defense; a lot of it was pretty throws by the QB's and the receivers making plays. The defense was all over the field, too. All in all a great game to watch and NO ONE GOT HURT! 

Edit:

Only problems I saw was a lot of fumbles on both sides. Some due to awkward snaps, but mostly just open field stuff. A lot of times unforced. There were a handful of penalties on the OL, and a few personal fouls. Also receivers and drops. Again this is a scrimmage so not overly worrisome. 

Edited by Ionbull
  • Upvote 1