• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF WBB at SMU 2pm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

2 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

If you followed WBB back then, you'd know she was a very highly ranked recruit.

https://kennykallina.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/trimaine-mccullough-headed-to-south-florida/

I have trouble remembering crap from last week.  I thought you were giving this a rest?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

Don't know, but she was listed as a sophomore on the roster and in program last year.

Maybe someone not as new to USF WBB will see this and know ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

I remember some long winded discussion on TBP about red shirts and not actually being granted one until your 5th year.

Far from me to point out the possible flaws in one's memory but I'm not sure you're remembering that correctly ... maybe it's that you can't get one officially granted in the middle of a year but have to wait until that season is over.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

I remember some long winded discussion on TBP about red shirts and not actually being granted one until your 5th year.

I believe that discussion was for medical hardship waivers after already red-shirting.  I think the discussion was about Thor who red-shirted his freshman year and didn't play his RS sophomore year and wether or not he would/can come back

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,690
  • Days Won:  7

15 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

You must be new to USF WBB.  Trimaine is a junior, she played in 14 games during her freshman season (2013/14) including 5 starts, before a torn ACL ended her year...She redshirted last year.

What new players do we have to fill Laura and Alisia's shoes?

BTW, it's Stringfield not Springfield.

I'm 5 seasons into USF women's basketball so perhaps that's new to some but likely a veteran to most on here with regard to USF women's bball. I thought the logical thing, per NCAA, was that she is considered a RS Sophomore so I called her a sophomore. And as far as Stringfield vs Springfield..go ahead and type Stringfield into an Android or probably even an iPhone and hit the space key and let me know if yours autocorrects to Springfield, the more common name, as mine does.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

On 1/31/2016 at 4:53 PM, Bourbon Bull said:

Ferreira has a torn plantar fascia ligament.  Will require surgery after the year.  How much she plays until then is anyone's guess.  The kid is tough and been playing through it. Guessing CJF thought they could beat SMU without her.   Was at men's game so will watch the women's team sometime this evening or tomorrow.  They were announcing scores during the men's game and it sounded closer than I thought it might be.  L2 not playing explains some of that.

8 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

So you knew all about her NCAA status despite USF's roster/game programs listing her as a Sophomore in 2014/15 and a Junior in 2015/16 but didn't know she played in any games (12) her freshman year.  Do you drink a lot of adult beverages at the Dome?

I typed in both Stringfield, and Springfield and both remained as typed using my iPad.

So, who are the new players who can fill Jenkins and Laura's shoes?

Why are you such an asshat?

Edited by Sellular1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,690
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Ned A Starr said:

So you knew all about her NCAA status despite USF's roster/game programs listing her as a Sophomore in 2014/15 and a Junior in 2015/16 but didn't know she played in any games (12) her freshman year.  Do you drink a lot of adult beverages at the Dome?

I typed in both Stringfield, and Springfield and both remained as typed using my iPad.

So, who are the new players who can fill Jenkins and Laura's shoes?

I live in Pennsylvania. I've never purchased a ticket for a women's basketball at USF and as a student I never got program. I went for the enjoyment of the game, not to study the literature. Now I catch every game that is broadcasted on tv, online, or on the radio. With regard to the autocorrects, I'm sure you add all the proper spellings of every USF athlete to your phone the minute we sign someone new so you are to never have any autocorrect errors. To answer your question, you can look to the player who has improved on her game from last season (Stringfield) and the new addition (Laksa) who has contributed more to this team this season than anyone could have asked for. We haven't been dominated on the boards without Jenkins. Does missing out on the extra 6-10 rebounds (difference compared to what the replacements grab) hurt? It certainly would help.. is Laksa a better 3 point shooter than Laura? You're **** right she is. Laura was a major contributor last season but Laksa wasn't there last season. Swap the two and we've actually improved slightly with Laksa in and Laura out. Now would I want both available?..ABSOLUTELY. To discuss Jenkins..yes, missing her sucks bad. We aren't the same team without her, there's no talking around that one. But I think each night we have a collection of different players who try to play a little above their average to pick up the slack for their teammate. Without the two veterans, we are a little worse off but it does provide a growth opportunity for the younger players and/ or lesser experienced players to get more game minutes against starters...and hey, we're still ranked and in great position for making the tournament. Hope both girls make a quick and full recovery, we need everyone we have to go deep into the tournament this season. Courtney and Alicia deserve the chance to have a great run at it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1