• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Hosts I-4 Rival UCF Wednesday at 6:15 p.m.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS

GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Web Release:http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=210647758

Matchup: USF (3-16, 0-6) vs. UCF (9-6, 3-1)

Date: Wednesday, Jan. 20

Time: 6:15 p.m. ET

TV: ESPNEWS (Dave Lamont, Stephanie White) |WatchESPN

Radio: 820 AM (Jim Lighthall, Todd Kalas) |BullsCast

Game Notes: USF  | UCF

Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

USF Hosts I-4 Rival UCF Wednesday at 6:15 p.m.

The 33rd game in the series can be seen on ESPNEWS

TAMPA, JAN. 19, 2016 – USF is set to host the 33rd meeting between the Bulls and I-4 rival UCF on Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. in the Sun Dome.

The Bulls (3-16, 0-6 American Athletic Conference) are coming off a 71-56 loss at Memphis on Saturday. The Knights (9-6, 3-1) are coming off an 89-69 win over East Carolina on Saturday.

USF trailed by three points early in the second half before Memphis pulled away. The Bulls brought down a season-high 50 rebounds and outrebounded the Tigers by nine. It was the most rebounds by a USF team in three seasons. 

In that Memphis game, freshman Jahmal McMurray played 39 minutes to push his average minutes played to 34.6, the second-most in the conference. McMurray scored 13 points against the Tigers and has scored at least 10 points in all, but two games this season. 

USF leads the all-time series, 22-10, including a 12-3 advantage in Tampa. UCF won the game earlier this season in Orlando, 75-64. In that game, USF senior Jaleel Cousins scored a career- high 19 points and grabbed 13 rebounds against the big UCF frontcourt that features 7-feet, 6-inch center Tacko Fall. Cousins currently leads the Bulls with 8.6 rebounds per game, which rank sixth in the conference.

GAME PROMOTIONS

Wednesday is USF’s Military and Veterans Appreciation Game with many prominent “Salute to Service” game elements to be featured. The first 1,000 fans through the doors on Wednesday will receive a “Bulls Unite” car flag.

QUICK NOTES

> Wednesday is USF’s Military Appreciation Game with several in-game promotions planned.

> USF is coming off a season-best 50 rebounds at Memphis. Jaleel Cousins’ 16 rebounds were a career high.

> In the first meeting, USF outscored the tall UCF frontcourt, 40-20, in the paint.

> USF’s strength of schedule ranks No. 27 according to the NCAA.

> Freshman Jahmal McMurray has led the team this season and ranks 10th in the conference in scoring (13.7).

> Freshman Jahmal McMurray ranks in the conference's top 10 in FG% (39.5) and 3-point FG% (33.3).

> USF ranks second in the conference and ninth in the NCAA with 5.9 blocks per game.

> Jaleel Cousins ranks sixth in The American with 8.6 rebounds per game and fourth with 1.8 blocks per game.

> USF has gotten help from its bench recently, outscoring the opposition’s bench in each of the last four games.

OPPONENT INFORMATION
> UCF is 2-4 on the road this season, which includes a conference road win at East Carolina. The Knights’ only loss in 2016 is an 88-73 defeat at currently No. 8 ranked SMU.

> UCF ranks third in the conference and 42nd in the NCAA with 40.3 rebounds per game.

> UCF 7-6 freshman Tacko Fall ranks second in the conference and 35th in the NCAA with 2.1 blocked shots per game. He is one of the 40 tallest human beings alive.

BROADCAST INFORMATION

The game will be televised by ESPNEWS with Dave Lamont and Stephanie White on the call. Listen to the radio broadcast and the voices of Jim Lighthall and Todd Kalas on 820 AM and online at GoUSFBulls.com or the TuneIn radio app. It can also be heard on XM 81 and Sirius 81.

SEASON INFORMATION
> This is the 45th season of USF basketball, which began in the fall of 1971. USF picked up its 600th win vs. Jacksonville.

> USF is thin at the guard position with Roddy Peters out indefinitely after suffering a fractured left foot against NC State. Sophomore guard Troy Holston Jr. went down with a torn ACL in July. Three more scholarship players are unavailable in Tulio Da Silva (non-qualifier), Isaiah Manderson (transfer) and Geno Thorpe (transfer).

> The Bulls possess one of the biggest front courts in the league with 6-11 Jaleel Cousins, 6-11 Ruben Guerrero, 6-8 Luis Santos and 6-8 Chris Perry. Angel Nunez (6-8) can play the two, three or four positions.

> USF was picked 10th in the 11-team American Athletic Conference preseason poll.

WEEKLY RADIO SHOW
The USF Basketball Show will air 12 times this season, nine from Beef ‘O’ Brady’s at 4103 USF Cedar Circle and three from Hooters at 13606 Bruce B Downs Blvd. The show features head coach Orlando Antigua with host Jim Lighthall. All 12 shows will air on 820 AM and online at GoUSFBulls.com. Fans are invited to come out and meet the coach. Questions can be submitted through Twitter by sending them to @USFMBB.

The next show is Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. at Beef ‘O’ Brady’s.

TV Show
USF’s TV show, USF Basketball: Run With The Bulls provides six episodes of behind-the scenes access and stunning cinematography covering Orlando Antigua’s program. It airs January through March multiple times on Bright House Sports Network (Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m., Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m., Thursdays at 6 p.m.), FOX Sports Sun (Thursdays at 11:30 p.m.) and WFDB TV (Saturday at noon). Show debut dates are Jan. 7, Jan. 21Feb. 4Feb. 18March 3 and March 17. The show can also be viewed on YouTube at YouTube.com/BullsVision

UP NEXT

USF plays five of its next seven games on the road beginning with Saturday’s game at Houston at 4 p.m. ET. The Bulls don’t play at home again until Jan. 31 at 2 p.m. against Temple.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

I've been wondering what is up with a start time of 6:15 ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'd sure like to see what our record would look like with all our scholly players on the court. McMurray has proven his starting role, though--the silver lining to our tough season.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I bought tickets behind the UCF bench, I think in the bottom row. Does the non opponent colors rule only apply to the open floor seats? I called the sun dome, spoke to multiple people, no one could answer the question.

Thanks, I think this game is 50/50. USF will play much better than in Orlando where they really were hampered by a lack of players IMO.

6:15 start time is odd, but it helps me with along drive home so no complaints.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

9 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

I bought tickets behind the UCF bench, I think in the bottom row. Does the non opponent colors rule only apply to the open floor seats? I called the sun dome, spoke to multiple people, no one could answer the question.

Thanks, I think this game is 50/50. USF will play much better than in Orlando where they really were hampered by a lack of players IMO.

6:15 start time is odd, but it helps me with along drive home so no complaints.

Buy a USF shirt.  Problem solved.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Buy a USF shirt.  Problem solved.

I laughed pretty hard! Well played!

5 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

The rule only applies to floor seats.

Thank you very much.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

I've been wondering what is up with a start time of 6:15 ....

Thinking it's due to TV; it's a super inconvenient time for those of us having to make the commute over. I'll be there though.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Beat UCF at everything!!!

No good SOBs!

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

I'll be there, albeit a bit late.  I have a couple of tickets for BPers who would like to attend.