• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

next season: best offensive depth ever for USF Football!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

I'm too lazy to type it all up,  but we should have the most talented o line we've ever had this year. (I went through all 13 returning players profiles and HS recruiting stuff. ) Only issue is that they are pretty young. Every single one has had a year with Hope tho. Taggart was definitely on the 5 year plan. This group should peak in 2017 or 2018.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

There is an honest-to-goodness chance for USF to be favored in every game next year... even the FSU game... which means we're talking about the best chance in program history for USF to win every game.

I don't really think that will happen.

But the chance is better than the Lloyd Christmas-so-you're-saying-there's-a-chance that most people would say.

(NOTE: The following is always prefaced with the traditional "any given Saturday" and "that's why they play the games" qualifiers... also I am assuming we keep the entire coaching staff intact)

HOME GAMES IN CAPS

VIRTUAL LOCKS (5):  CENTRAL FLORIDA, EAST CAROLINA, NORTHERN ILLINOIS, Syracuse, TOWSON

LIKELY WINS 93): CONNECTICUT, NAVY, Southern Methodist, 

POSSIBLE WIN (1): Memphis

TOSS-UPS (2): Cincinnati, Temple

POSSIBLE LOSS (1): FLORIDA STATE

I can break this down further... but I think as long Taggart maintains the new offensive philosophy and we keep the assistant coaches... I would say USF could go anywhere from 8-4 (worst case) to 12-0 (best case)... with the likely case being 10-2 regular season, winning the East Division, and beating Houston (at home) in the AAC Championship for the chance to play in the the Cotton Bowl (the only NY6 that has at-large slots next season)...

Memphis will really drop off next year as all teams transition with new coach, new offensive coordinator and new QB. Temple lost their D but their offense returns. Only problem is their offense is not that great. Cincy could be trouble as they will be super up to get revenge. UCONN worries me more than the above teams, assuming they get a decent QB. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

We lost 3 starters on the oline going into this year too

I'm not saying it will be a definite weakness, but it's always a concern. I was not expecting Gundmunsonnn and Thor to step up as big as they did this season, so I hope there are more surprises.. But that the Stanford kid couldn't really crack the 2 deep this season was a concern to me.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, cambodia36 said:

I'm not saying it will be a definite weakness, but it's always a concern. I was not expecting Gundmunsonnn and Thor to step up as big as they did this season, so I hope there are more surprises.. But that the Stanford kid couldn't really crack the 2 deep this season was a concern to me.

He was injured for the 1st six games. Why waste a year of eligibility? 

I just ask fans to pay attention.  It doesn't cost much. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Also, he's still an underclassmen. Even the most highly rated high school players usually take 2-3 years to see the field and that's without taking things like injuries into consideration. You have to physically be a grown ass man to play tackle at the FBS level and it takes a few years for kids to get there. 

14 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Jesus. Preseason he couldn't crack the 2 deep.  Figured I didn't need to explain. 

I just ask fans not to be know it all douche nozzles. It doesn't cost much

Edited by cambodia36
  • Downvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

14 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

21 minutes ago, cambodia36 said:

Jesus. Preseason he couldn't crack the 2 deep.  Figured I didn't need to explain. 

I just ask fans not to be know it all douche nozzles. It doesn't cost much

If he was injured, why would you have expected him to make the preseason 2 deep?

In camp, while he was healthy, he hadn't even cracked any of the 2 deeps Willie sent out to the press. 

Some of you are the kings of picking 1 thing out of whatever is said and going to town on it. Christ. Get over yourselves. Unless you participate in the Willie ********* the buzzards all come out. And yet I could say some generic pablum like "oh the Bulls really became a team today!" and get upvoted to no end. 

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

16 minutes ago, cambodia36 said:

In camp, while he was healthy, he hadn't even cracked any of the 2 deeps Willie sent out to the press. 

Some of you are the kings of picking 1 thing out of whatever is said and going to town on it. Christ. Get over yourselves. Unless you participate in the Willie ********* the buzzards all come out. And yet I could say some generic pablum like "oh the Bulls really became a team today!" and get upvoted to no end. 

He wasn't healthy in camp.

Some of you are the kings of making up ****.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We have an identity on both offense and defense for the first time in a long, long time! This is bigger than any new players making an impact.