• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

next season: best offensive depth ever for USF Football!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

We could be 1-2 or 0-3 heading into the FSU game, no easy wins.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I like the talent that we have coming back. The Oline is a concern as always.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

We have a good coach in Hope for oline I think they do fine next year.

If Flowers plays at same level as in later part of year or better this offense could dominate. 

• Topic Count:  2,327
  • Content Count:  21,277
  • Days Won:  10

I think we could be 3-0 heading into the FSU game but would not be surprised if we drop one.   I am going on record and saying we have a 8 win season.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

On December 27, 2015 at 1:20 PM, psteazy said:

that bowl game loss, ugh. good chance we'd be ranked at 3-0 going into that FSU game, no?

probably not with that opening schedule. NIU is not bad, but otherwise there's going to be a lot of 3-0 teams early playing similarly soft opening OOC schedules. Had they won their bowl, I could have seen them getting a few votes in the preseason top 25 (it shouldn't matter but it always does w voters) but they would only be ranked next season at 4-0. 

Dont discount losing a good chunk of the OL. One key to this seasons success looked to be the veteran OL providing nice lanes for Mack and Flowers to run thru, and giving QF a pretty good amount of time on pass plays. They will have games against good defenses next season where they will struggle to put up points like they did the 2nd half of this season

Edited by cambodia36
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, cambodia36 said:

probably not with that opening schedule. NIU is not bad, but otherwise there's going to be a lot of 3-0 teams early playing similarly soft opening OOC schedules. Had they won their bowl, I could have seen them getting a few votes in the preseason top 25 (it shouldn't matter but it always does w voters) but they would only be ranked next season at 4-0. 

Dont discount losing a good chunk of the OL. One key to this seasons success looked to be the veteran OL providing nice lanes for Mack and Flowers to run thru, and giving QF a pretty good amount of time on pass plays. They will have games against good defenses next season where they will struggle to put up points like they did the 2nd half of this season

Two of the offensive linemen who will be new are better than what we had last year. The question is can they gel together. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

We lost 3 starters on the oline going into this year too

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

38 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

We lost 3 starters on the oline going into this year too

See above 

There is an honest-to-goodness chance for USF to be favored in every game next year... even the FSU game... which means we're talking about the best chance in program history for USF to win every game.

I don't really think that will happen.

But the chance is better than the Lloyd Christmas-so-you're-saying-there's-a-chance that most people would say.

(NOTE: The following is always prefaced with the traditional "any given Saturday" and "that's why they play the games" qualifiers... also I am assuming we keep the entire coaching staff intact)

HOME GAMES IN CAPS

VIRTUAL LOCKS (5):  CENTRAL FLORIDA, EAST CAROLINA, NORTHERN ILLINOIS, Syracuse, TOWSON

LIKELY WINS 93): CONNECTICUT, NAVY, Southern Methodist, 

POSSIBLE WIN (1): Memphis

TOSS-UPS (2): Cincinnati, Temple

POSSIBLE LOSS (1): FLORIDA STATE

I can break this down further... but I think as long Taggart maintains the new offensive philosophy and we keep the assistant coaches... I would say USF could go anywhere from 8-4 (worst case) to 12-0 (best case)... with the likely case being 10-2 regular season, winning the East Division, and beating Houston (at home) in the AAC Championship for the chance to play in the the Cotton Bowl (the only NY6 that has at-large slots next season)...

• Upvote 2