• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

ICYMI: USF Baseball Selected Fifth in AAC Preseason Poll

Brad

USF Baseball Selected Fifth in AAC Preseason Poll

December 22, 2015
By  USF

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (DEC. 23, 2015) – The University of South Florida baseball program was projected to finish fifth in the 2016 American Athletic Conference Preseason Poll released on Tuesday morning. Bulls’ senior catcher Levi Borders (Winter Haven, Fla.) and senior outfielder Luke Maglich (Sarasota, Fla.) were both named to the preseason All-Conference team.

"I think the AAC will be very strong again this year, with a number of teams competing for the NCAA's,” said USF’s second year head coach Mark Kingston. “While we have a lot of personnel to replace, our expectations will continue to be high. Our veterans must lead us, and our new players must be mature enough to contribute immediately. If they do, we can be in the mix for the postseason again.” 

The Bulls were also picked to finish fifth in the AAC in 2015, but the Bulls exceed expectations with a 34-26-1 record and appeared in the NCAA Regionals for the first time in 13 seasons.

Rest of story

large_ballot.png

USF was fifth in the poll with 26 points. The Bulls went 34-26-1 overall and 13-11 in The American last season on their way to the NCAA Gainesville Regional. USF returns four of their top five hitters from last year, including catcher Levi Borders and outfielder Luke Maglich, who were both named to the preseason all-conference team.

More

It will be interesting to see how many of that highly ranked incoming class will be able to contribute immediately.

Bullish on Baseball.

Members do not see this ad, Register

We finished fourth last year so that's pretty close, it seemed to be a tight conference race for the most part. It's all about getting into the Regionals, from there anything can happen. Gonna be tough to replace a guy like ace Jimmy Herget. I believe in Coach Kingston though and will go to a handful of games again.