• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Conference victories in bowl games should only be a piece in the conference perception puzzle, not exemplify it. I don't buy the claim that one conference is better because of bowl games alone. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

This .... To me, if you're going to try to tout or dis a conference, do it based on regular season games. Games played that actually mean something.

8 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Lots of folks compare how good or bad a conference is based on how the teams do against other conferences...  But I love the sarcasm

It wasn't sarcasm, just incoherency .... Should have read: To me, if you're going to try to tout or dis a conference in comparison to other conferences, do it based on regular season ooc games, not meaningless bowls.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Temple was overrated this year. They lost 4 of their last 7 and 2 of the wins were UConn and SMU and they didn't look that great in wins over ECU and UCF honestly. I am not surprised they fell to a good Toledo team. It is a shame we couldn't take care of business, but it is clear that Navy and Houston are the cream of the crop this year in the AAC despite Temple hanging around after starting 7-0 with an easy conference schedule.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

It wasn't sarcasm, just incoherency .... Should have read: To me, if you're going to try to tout or dis a conference in comparison to other conferences, do it based on regular season ooc games, not meaningless bowls.

Guess you have to give up your "Wordsmith" title now...

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

:popcorn:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Guess you have to give up your "Wordsmith" title now...

Have to pry my cold, dead hands ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

Aac is about to be 0-3 as cincy is getting dismantled by San Diego state.  

Edited by bullcocky101

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

5 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

Aac is about to be 0-3 as cincy is getting dismantled by San Diego state.  

Yeah, it's UGLY.  UConn likely loses to Marshall.  Not sure who in our conference wins a bowl.  Houston v FSU?  Navy  v Pitt?  Tulsa v VTech? Memphis v Auburn?

Bleak

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470

There's nothing to be learned from Bowl Games, outside of the really major ones. 

There were years when the Big East did really well against other conferences in the post season and it gained the conference little, if any, additional respect. 

There's way too many intangibles during Bowl Games.  Often times, you have coaches who have departed pre-game, some who will be soon post-game, emotional players, some who don't show up, some playing in their hometowns living up the spotlight the night prior; you know, those sorts of things.  To some teams, the Bowl is the world, to others, totally meaningless.  

Also the reason why I don't hold the D's performance against Tom Allen.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, whiskeyboarder said:

There's nothing to be learned from Bowl Games, outside of the really major ones. 

There were years when the Big East did really well against other conferences in the post season and it gained the conference little, if any, additional respect. 

There's way too many intangibles during Bowl Games.  Often times, you have coaches who have departed pre-game, some who will be soon post-game, emotional players, some who don't show up, some playing in their hometowns living up the spotlight the night prior; you know, those sorts of things.  To some teams, the Bowl is the world, to others, totally meaningless.  

Also the reason why I don't hold the D's performance against Tom Allen.  

You and Trip can believe all that buhlshit, but if you can't beat the team you are playing against then they are better than you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1