• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Who will the Bullspen blame tomorrow?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,655
  • Content Count:  15,899
  • Days Won:  12

I have a question. After reading this board it is clear the consensus is that we are playing a team from CUSA who does not even deserve to be on the same field as USF. A win by less than 20 is unacceptable. Who do we blame if we only win by a few points? I mean there is no way we lose. Right? A Tampa High School team could beat these clowns. If we lose we must have made a mistake in extending Coach Taggs. Vegas doesn't know jack, the experts picking us to win by 3 or even lose are clueless. We are the new Bama. The world is lucky we didn't make the playoffs because nobody could beat the Bulls.

Disclaimer..... I still say we win a close game, but a loss would not be shocking to me. This was a great year and we have a worthy opponent tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  17

1.) The rain

2.) Canada

3.) The alcohol 

4.) George W. Bush

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  188
  • Content Count:  6,154
  • Days Won:  2

I say we blame unmanaged expectations. A loss would not be shocking, to me, either. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Let's do this!

flsportsfan83, I'll give you 7 points and take the Bulls to win. I say the Bulls win this game by at least a TD. (I'll give you the tie.)

If I win, you donate $50 to TheBullspen.com

And if you win, I donate $50 to TheBullspen.com

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,655
  • Content Count:  15,899
  • Days Won:  12

21 minutes ago, TimBulla said:

Let's do this!

flsportsfan83, I'll give you 7 points and take the Bulls to win. I say the Bulls win this game by at least a TD. (I'll give you the tie.)

If I win, you donate $50 to TheBullspen.com

And if you win, I donate $50 to TheBullspen.com

I'm not going to bet against the Bulls or have to root for us not to do well. However I will make a donation before the end of the year to the site. Hope you do the same.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Just now, flsportsfan83 said:

I'm not going to bet against the Bulls or have to root for us not to do well. However I will make a donation before the end of the year to the site. Hope you do the same.

Great reply! Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure it is a consensus. Nevertheless I feel very confident in our team. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,065
  • Days Won:  7

Don't know how you formed this "clear consensus"...aside from the few machismo posters who would probably say we'd beat the Patriots right now, most seem to expect a close game.  No one has written the ridiculous so-called consensus you've put forth here.  Most expect a win because we're USF fans...but a loss won't mean a meltdown.  WKU is a good team (as has been written countless times on the board the past few weeks if you cared to read it).

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,977
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, NCBull said:

Don't know how you formed this "clear consensus"...aside from the few machismo posters who would probably say we'd beat the Patriots right now, most seem to expect a close game.  No one has written the ridiculous so-called consensus you've put forth here.  Most expect a win because we're USF fans...but a loss won't mean a meltdown.  WKU is a good team (as has been written countless times on the board the past few weeks if you cared to read it).

I think I understand what he is saying.  The expectations for success are pretty high right now and there has even been disappointment in the opponent.  The prediction thread is something like 19-2 in our favor and one of the participants is from WKU.  The lone USF poster who predicted a loss got voted down I think.

This is a reasonable question and flsportsfan83 is attempting to properly adjust the general expectations of the board.  I think it is a futile effort but I applaud him for trying.

I will say this, we are facing a very good team tomorrow and it should be a good game.  It would not be humiliating to lose to them and it doesn't mean the season is a failure or whatever.  

It might even level the expectations for next year somewhat.  Maybe we have to all take a step back from our 12-0 predictions.  That being said, if we blow them out we are going to be a tough f-ing team next year.  WKU is good and hot right now and full of seniors that CWT saw enough in to recruit while at WKU.

I like our chances to at least win because I think our guys are getting a little fired up playing in their home towns (some of them like Flowers). 

• Upvote 1