• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are the keys to Monday's BOWL GAME?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

One guy to watch out for is their 6'6 TE Tyler Higbee. He averages 62 yards per game and missed four games with an injury. Given how undersized we are, a big TE is going to be a pain to deal with. I wish Lamar Robbins hadn't been an idiot, he would have matched up well with his size. Most of their WR are between 5'9 and 6*1 with one who's 6*3. 

Higbee got hurt in the CUSA Championship Game, and injury to the same knee that cost him 4 games earlier. Still questionable to play.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentuckiana/2015/12/16/wku-footballs-tyler-higbee-still-in-question-for-bowl-game/77423898/

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

We need to win the time of possession, which means relying on Mack and Flowers' legs.  They can't score if their offense is on the sideline...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Make sure our Sundolls are right in front of their bench..

11169921_806856319408811_902630058096900

They look far better like this than they do in uniform. Give me the one in the purple, front row. Maybe the turquoise 5 over in the 2nd row. 

-----

Key to this game is to create some big plays to lead to momentum swings. Much the same with Cincy and Temple. If we can get out and punch them in the mouth early, it'll allow us to control the game with our tempo. Granted, their strength is passing and scoring in bunches, so we'll have to keep our foot on the gas. The other would be to get pressure on Doughty. He's got a quick release, but if we can get him to start thinking about that pressure, we can get coverage in the right sports and force him to make bad decisions. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

They look far better like this than they do in uniform. Give me the one in the purple, front row. Maybe the turquoise 5 over in the 2nd row. 

We can CHOOSE one!? Awesome...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

if usf plays like they have been playing they will easily win

the keys

stop the other team

score more points

Yeah, stick to the fundamentals and we'll be fine.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Higbee got hurt in the CUSA Championship Game, and injury to the same knee that cost him 4 games earlier. Still questionable to play.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentuckiana/2015/12/16/wku-footballs-tyler-higbee-still-in-question-for-bowl-game/77423898/

Didn't know that. Well, it will help us if he's out, that's one less big guy to account for. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

My only concern about this game is that the players took a vacation after the beat down in Orlando: "Mission accomplished and now we can finally relax!"

If we come out sluggish and unmotivated, it will be a tough game. Otherwise, I think we have too much team speed for them to handle.

I'm glad we are underdogs. Otherwise, the players might let it get to their head, thinking that they could just phone it in and win. Also, playing in Miami is not like an exotic trip, so maybe they will focus on the game. Thoughts of the Sun Bowl still haunt me.

On the other hand, I hope WKU players are on cloud 9 with the historic year that they've had -too happy to focus on the game.

I think Flowers is going to have a big game, because he's playing in front of his home crowd. He wanted to be a QB and now he's QB in a bowl game, in his hometown.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

One guy to watch out for is their 6'6 TE Tyler Higbee. He averages 62 yards per game and missed four games with an injury. Given how undersized we are, a big TE is going to be a pain to deal with. I wish Lamar Robbins hadn't been an idiot, he would have matched up well with his size. Most of their WR are between 5'9 and 6*1 with one who's 6*3. 

I'll take Nichols and Hoggins over Robbins. Those guys are naturals playing on the edge. I also doubt that we will have a corner on their TE.

schlabach_mark_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cro
Mark SchlabachESPN Senior Writer

Miami Beach Bowl

98.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true58.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Western Kentucky vs. South Florida
Dec. 21 (ESPN, 2:30 p.m.)

Why to watch: If you watched the Hilltoppers play in the inaugural Bahamas Bowl last season, you'd know that anything is bound to happen in this game. Western Kentucky plays an exciting brand of offense.

Who to watch: WKU's Brandon Doughty will be playing in his final college game, after finishing No. 2 in FBS with 4,594 passing yards. He completed a whopping 71.8 percent of his passes, with 45 touchdowns and seven interceptions.

Motivation for Western Kentucky: With a victory over the Bulls, WKU can win 12 games in a season for the first time since 2002, when Jack Harbaugh guided the Hilltoppers to a 12-3 record and the NCAA Division I-AA national championship.

Motivation for South Florida: The Bulls might have saved coach Willie Taggart's job by finishing 8-4, and a win over the Hilltoppers would give them even more momentum heading into the offseason. USF is playing in its first bowl game since 2010.

Prediction: Western Kentucky 35, South Florida 28

I don't think this ESPN guy knows anything about our team.

• Upvote 2