• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you believe we could ever....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Do you believe USF could ever have a candidate for the Heisman Trophy?  After watching the Heisman program a couple nights ago I started thinking that maybe just maybe, if we continue our Cinderella story, we could sneak Mack or Flowers into the discussion. Both have beautiful stories, if they put up record numbers,  and we go undefeated I Don't see why they wouldn't at least be mentioned.   Is the green and gold too strong with me or do you think it's in the realm of possibility? 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

not playing in the g5

mack is heisman worthy

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  155
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with smazz...ugh...I refuse to say it. He is right thoug.....argh!

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

I can see it... But he must win every time.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  3

Not entirely sure that Mack - as great as he is - is honest-to-god Heisman material. Not to be snide or anything but one has to factor in just who WE compete against. It's not as if the AAC East has anything comparable to Florida, Tennessee and Georgia....we get Temple, USF & Cinci. 

As for 'ever' having a Heisman candidate, that is a long, long haul down the road. I doubt there is ever any consideration of a G5 candidate. It's just not there. Reynolds being there - discussion wise - shows the level one would have to attain to be part of the conversation.  

And remember, sports fans, the words "possibility" and "probability" can not be used interchangeably. 

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

I think Mack is Heisman worthy, but he won't get the carries in this system and depth. 

Marlon Mack 193 attempts =  1,273 yards.

Derrick Henry (Heisman) 339 attempts =  1986 yards. 

If Marlon Mack had 339 attempts, he would of had ~2,237 yards in the season... Easily shattering Henry's number. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Not entirely sure that Mack - as great as he is - is honest-to-god Heisman material. Not to be snide or anything but one has to factor in just who WE compete against. It's not as if the AAC East has anything comparable to Florida, Tennessee and Georgia....we get Temple, USF & Cinci. 

As for 'ever' having a Heisman candidate, that is a long, long haul down the road. I doubt there is ever any consideration of a G5 candidate. It's just not there. Reynolds being there - discussion wise - shows the level one would have to attain to be part of the conversation.  

And remember, sports fans, the words "possibility" and "probability" can not be used interchangeably. 

why are we competing against ourselves?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

I think Mack is Heisman worthy, but he won't get the carries in this system and depth. 

Marlon Mack 193 attempts =  1,273 yards.

Derrick Henry (Heisman) 339 attempts =  1986 yards. 

If Marlon Mack had 339 attempts, he would of had ~2,237 yards in the season... Easily shattering Henry's number. 

Agreed, I feel like the only way that Mack would be considered for the heisman would be winning every game and breaking 1800 yards rushing with a huge performance against FSU.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Days Won:  3

Cant see it ever happening. Ever ever ever.

Think about this, Blake Bortles had an amazing season at UCF and didnt even get a sniff.

Also the Heisman is a bit of a fraternity, cant ever see the elitist UFers OhioStaters of the world voting in someone from USF.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Cant see it ever happening. Ever ever ever.

Think about this, Blake Bortles had an amazing season at UCF and didnt even get a sniff.

Also the Heisman is a bit of a fraternity, cant ever see the elitist UFers OhioStaters of the world voting in someone from USF.

Playing in G5, you just can't lose games when it comes to the Heisman voting and unfortunately, Bortles lost a close one to South Carolina. He also was pretty overshadowed by Jameis Winston that year.

I think if Keenan Reynolds had won out at Navy, this year, he would have had a shot at Heisman.

Edited by Raetus
  • Upvote 2