• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB Win Again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

I  feel like Courtney needs to start games better, she missed her first 8 or 9 shots against Chattanooga, and that trend was present in both of their losses. She always finds a way to keep us in a game if not leading by a lot in the second half, but if she plays a consistent game we could beat anyone in the nation except for maybe Uconn.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I told yal the women's team would be just fine. The last team we lost to, St. John's is receiving numerous votes for the Top 25 and are on the cusp of making it in.  They are a much better team than they were believed to be when we lost. They'll be Top 20 with us in no time.

Hopefully that was the lesson they needed. Early season loss to a team that they should have beaten won't hurt as bad at the end of the season. BUT, if they continue with the slow starts, 2 for 17 in the first quarter, they'll NEVER catch UCONN.

Interesting thing yesterday. Their #3, that kept blocking shots, never even leaves the floor to make those blocks. She seemed to catch the ball going up without ever getting called for a foul.

Very good game after the first quarter.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

You're very welcome Fenix.  Nice to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

Hopefully that was the lesson they needed. Early season loss to a team that they should have beaten won't hurt as bad at the end of the season. BUT, if they continue with the slow starts, 2 for 17 in the first quarter, they'll NEVER catch UCONN.

Interesting thing yesterday. Their #3, that kept blocking shots, never even leaves the floor to make those blocks. She seemed to catch the ball going up without ever getting called for a foul.

Well, I don't anticipate staying with UCONN anyway. It just won't happen. That team is, again, too talented to keep pace with for an entire game. We may match or beat them in any given quarter or half like we have done previously but I have 0% confidence in us beating them in any game we face them in this season. We just need to prevent those slow starts against teams that are tough but beatable like Oklahoma State.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

That was the most incredible display of shot blocking I've ever seen.  Anything shot from 5 feet in was just...... stopped.  Ball never came out of the shooters hand.  Uncanny.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

USFBullsSports @USFBullsSports 26m26 minutes ago

@TheBullsPen @USFWBB USF's dismantling of UT-Chat is the 1st top 20 RPI victory. No other team on the rest of the schedule is in the top 60
@TheBullsPen @USFWBB Except UConn....twice.....

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

USFBullsSports @USFBullsSports 26m26 minutes ago

@TheBullsPen @USFWBB USF's dismantling of UT-Chat is the 1st top 20 RPI victory. No other team on the rest of the schedule is in the top 60
@TheBullsPen @USFWBB Except UConn....twice.....

RPI ratings are dumb. Oklahoma St will be a formidable opponent but apparently the team we just destroyed has a higher RPI than any other team we will face this season with the exception of UCONN. RPI is a joke of a statistic.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We also play a ranked #9/#10 Miss St in Jacksonville on 12/30.

According to Massey, we are a 55% favorite. but like others have mentioned, we can't afford to get off the blocks so slowly and expect to always come back and win. 

Wed
2015-12-30
vsMississippi St

(7-1)
55 %

Win that game and USF should move up quite a bit in both polls.

I haven't checked this for accuracy, but someone mentioned that USFWBB has lost to the last 16 ranked opponents they played. I know we also beat Chat last year, but I'm not sure if they were ranked at the time.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

We also play a ranked #9/#10 Miss St in Jacksonville on 12/30.

According to Massey, we are a 55% favorite. but like others have mentioned, we can't afford to get off the blocks so slowly and expect to always come back and win. 

Wed
2015-12-30
vsMississippi St

(7-1)
55 %

Win that game and USF should move up quite a bit in both polls.

I haven't checked this for accuracy, but someone mentioned that USFWBB has lost to the last 16 ranked opponents they played. I know we also beat Chat last year, but I'm not sure if they were ranked at the time.

in 2012-13 we had back to back top 25 wins:

Wed, 
Feb 20
Louisville *12/11at Louisville, Ky.W, 73-62Live Stats ▪ Stats
Sat, 
Feb 23
Syracuse *21/18Tampa, Fla.W, 68-66BEN-GW ▪ Video ▪ Live Stats ▪ Stats

Then we lost 7 straight to top 25, then this happened:

Mon, 
Mar 03

Rutgers 

Then we lost 7 straight to top 25. 

So, it is 14 in a row, if you use whatever poll Rutgers wasn't ranked in. Or just 7 in a row if you use the other poll. 

To be fair, those last 7 in a row were all top 10 teams. 

And the 7 before that, 6 were top 10, 5 were top 5. 

Not like we are dropping lots of games to teams anyone was expecting us to beat. 

-24/RVat Piscataway, N.J.W, 60-51The American ▪ Bullscast Radio ▪ Live Stats ▪ Stats

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Thanks Mike for the research.

You are correct in pointing out that we have been mostly playing and losing to top 10 teams.