• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC expansion

Same amount of teams, just different conf affiliation = same net amount of games = maybe more money for ACC but divided by more mouths

I believe this thread was about adding teams to the AAC.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

Same amount of teams, just different conf affiliation = same net amount of games = maybe more money for ACC  AAC but divided by more mouths

True, but I think they adjust for inventory.

Here is why I think you add more teams.  More teams = louder voice.  Let's face it, nobody cares about pissing off the AAC and their fans.  It used to be like that for the Big East as well.  

ESPN could shout from the rooftops that the Big East sucked and there was barely a whimper from its collective fan base.  With only nine teams and middling attendance (if we are lucky) the Big East was a target.  

If you make the AAC a monster league, we eventually would have enough clout to start making a proper stink about things.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

True, but I think they adjust for inventory.

Here is why I think you add more teams.  More teams = louder voice.  Let's face it, nobody cares about pissing off the AAC and their fans.  It used to be like that for the Big East as well.  

ESPN could shout from the rooftops that the Big East sucked and there was barely a whimper from its collective fan base.  With only nine teams and middling attendance (if we are lucky) the Big East was a target.  

If you make the AAC a monster league, we eventually would have enough clout to start making a proper stink about things.  

I think the AAC has to find a way into the playoff. Other than that, I don't think there's anything we can do to raise a proper stink. Make it into the playoff, start winning and play cinderella a la March Madness -- people will love it. AAC doesn't need to win a championship game, but it needs a team to play for it. As of right now, that is a colossal task to pull off. With the current setup, it starts with scheduling. We need, as a conference, to find a way to schedule more P5 teams and that's growing harder with each day.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'll be pulling for Houston against FSU.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

But CaliforniaBull already said he was positive they would join????

Are they waiting two years to make the announcement? I hear that's the official amount of time you have to wait before letting anyone know a decision that's already been made.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

Are they waiting two years to make the announcement? I hear that's the official amount of time you have to wait before letting anyone know a decision that's already been made.

See, I know that is total ******** just by the size of the font you used.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

There is always the potential of litigation if the G5 thinks they are facing a monopoly. While the outcome may be debatable it would accelerate the discussion on how to include all teams in a manner similar to what the NCAA has done for basketball.

too bad the P5 conferences each get 2 votes compared to each G5 conference getting one vote.  That way the P5 can do whatever they want.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

We can expand when Texas bolts and the BIGxii collapses.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

I would still include Tulsa. Smallest D1 program in the country, little fan support, small stadium, middle of nowhere, etc. Basketball is relevant but that doesn't pay the bills. The only value they have is that they are a good academic school (as is Tulane). 

We need both Tulane & Tulsa for academics. Also, Tulane has a good baseball program and their women's hoops is decent. Tulane stays! They just hit a home run hire with the Georgia Southern coach. I expect them to be pretty tough by the time we play them

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

We can expand when Texas bolts and the BIGxii collapses.

that is looking more realistic by the year. I don't see Texas or OU staying 

• Upvote 2