• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Football Playoff Expansion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

so you think we would be in if we were undefeated this season?  Who would the committee drop to put us in?  Bama?  Undefeated Clemson?  Please, you are delusional if you think a 12 member committee of old farts is going to put USF ahead of anyone in the playoffs.  Undefeated USF ranked higher than 11-1 Ohio State, or 11-1 Okl State?  Not a chance

I agree, no shot at all.. We would need to be undefeated and hope for multiple 2 loss teams

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

so you think we would be in if we were undefeated this season?  Who would the committee drop to put us in?  Bama?  Undefeated Clemson?  Please, you are delusional if you think a 12 member committee of old farts is going to put USF ahead of anyone in the playoffs.  Undefeated USF ranked higher than 11-1 Ohio State, or 11-1 Okl State?  Not a chance

i thought about #6, yes in the AP poll. The CFP committee has shown it is not as loving to the G5, so probably around #7 or 8. But this year had a lot of 1 loss teams... Most years have a lot more 2 loss teams, paving the way for an undefeated AAC team with a tough OOC schedule to make it

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

i thought about #6, yes in the AP poll. The CFP committee has shown it is not as loving to the G5, so probably around #7 or 8. But this year had a lot of 1 loss teams... Most years have a lot more 2 loss teams, paving the way for an undefeated AAC team with a tough OOC schedule to make it

I agree with you on that.  We have to be trying to get the highest quality OOC opponents we possibly can.  Beating conference mates in the 20-30 rankings won't get us in the top 4 spots.  

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Isn't there a contract for only 4 teams for like the next 15 years?

9 more years

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

^ This, the only way a G5 has a real shot is if they are guaranteed a spot.  Eight teams, five P5 champs, highest G5 champ, 2 at large, done.

With that format these would be the games: 

Clemson v. Ohio State

Alabama v. Iowa

Michigan State v. Houston

Oklahoma v. Stanford

Extra caveat that I would like to see, the top four seeds play at home as the reward for being a top 4 team.  Would be interesting seeing some Southern teams going up north to play in the snow for once

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,449
  • Days Won:  13

I  know you might just be being contrarian but why is 6 "perfect".  That is not just directed at you but anyone with that view.  

Why not 32?  Why would it be awesome to see a huge college playoff at the end of the year?

The reason I say it is happening anyway is there is just too much money being left on the table.   They will get greedy and incrementally start adding teams.

Once they broke the seal and started a 4 team playoff the die was cast.

32 would be good, but get rid of all of the other useless Bowls.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 would be good, but get rid of all of the other useless Bowls.

More bowls the better. CFB is the greatest sport on earth. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

16 teams, using 14 of the existing bowls snd s championship game.It would only add one game for 8 team, 2 gamesg for 4 teams and 3 games for 2 teams. Now we have 2 teams plsying 1 ectra game.  It would make those bowls relevent again and could fill them.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Usf would be in the playoff if we were undefeated this year. 

no

• Downvote 1