• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC vs. Big 12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

now you are adding more variables.  Boise, AF, and Marshall would improve the profile of the AAC certainly but they are not here.  As for the schools that are counting for P5 scheduling only the military schools and BYU have been accepted by all conferences.  The other exceptions are only for the games alrèady on the schedule.  If UConn were to schedule Bama in the future for example, it doesn't count as a P5 game.

if the AAC were to offer those 3 invites in the next year or two, why would they say no? The Mountain west this year sank below cusa and mac levels. Boise and air force would join in a heart beat, as well as marshall. We just need to drop tulane. Doesnt sound like many variables to me. Sounds like Mike Aresco needs the vision and cajones to be proactive enough to add quality teams to a conference thats already gaining popularity

Edited by CaliforniaBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

if the AAC were to offer those 3 invites in the next year or two, why would they say no? The Mountain west this year sank below cusa and mac levels. Boise and air force would join in a heart beat, as well as marshall. We just need to drop tulane. Doesnt sound like many variables to me. Sounds like Mike Aresco needs the vision and cajones to be proactive enough to add quality teams to a conference thats already gaining popularity

:facepalm: I said the AAC isn't strong enough to make the playoffs... You add the variables with the suggestion of adding those other schools.  Btw, AirForce already turned down an offer to join the Big12.

• Topic Count:  9,894
  • Content Count:  66,068
  • Days Won:  172

no brainer---big 12

but the acc is foolish not to lock up the i-4 bookends

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We put up some crazy posts

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

I remember Syracuse got a recruit a few years back that we had offered as well, and one of the reasons he gave for picking Cuse is he would have the CHANCE to play for a national title.

Freaking Syracuse.  

No, he would not...

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

This really shouldn't be a question, its Big 12 all day long.  Even overlooking the money, its a lot easier to build and excite a fan base over Texas, Oklahoma, Okie State, Kansas St, WVU on the home schedule over ECU, Temple, SMU, Memphis, etc....  Think 2007 level of excitement all over again.  Thats also not getting into better bowl alignments (even outside the playoff aspect), larger visiting fan-bases, and more legitimacy on a national media level.  Even if the AAC were considered a P6, it would just be the Big East all over again, with media slighting our conference every chance they get.  Now ideally its the Big 12 with a closer rival (and yes, some may gag over this, but UCF with us would be great).  

That's assuming that the AAC doesn't improve over the next few years. Give the AAC five or ten years of consistent top 25 teams, winning the ooc P5 games and ITHINK the excitement will be there.

I also think that by that time the playoffs will be at eight teams and we will have a CHANCE to win a championship.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

:facepalm: I said the AAC isn't strong enough to make the playoffs... You add the variables with the suggestion of adding those other schools.  Btw, AirForce already turned down an offer to join the Big12.

The AAC IS strong enough currently to make the playoffs, as Memphis was being mentioned as a possible canidate if they won out. Currently, the perception of our conference is already on the upswing, so its not as foriegn of an idea to mention a playoff AAC team if there are tons of 2 loss teams.

My point about adding the teams was referencing what the AAC needs to do to get a power 6 spot. College football WANTS an 8 team playoff, and just because the current format is contracted through 2025 doesnt mean that a new system cant buyout that contract, making a power 6 possible. My point is just that if the power 5 are really looking to block out the G5, then the rest of the G5 needs to be ruthless in bringing together the best teams and cutting the worst into one conference. I think big Mike knows this.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

didn't the AAC try to get Boise to come, but then the mtw offered them a better cut of the revenues?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

The AAC IS strong enough currently to make the playoffs, as Memphis was being mentioned as a possible canidate if they won out. Currently, the perception of our conference is already on the upswing, so its not as foriegn of an idea to mention a playoff AAC team if there are tons of 2 loss teams.

My point about adding the teams was referencing what the AAC needs to do to get a power 6 spot. College football WANTS an 8 team playoff, and just because the current format is contracted through 2025 doesnt mean that a new system cant buyout that contract, making a power 6 possible. My point is just that if the power 5 are really looking to block out the G5, then the rest of the G5 needs to be ruthless in bringing together the best teams and cutting the worst into one conference. I think big Mike knows this.

I respect your opinion, even though it's wrong.