• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shavar Manuel, IMG Academy, 5 star

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Love that we're even getting a look here...come on Willie, sell that man a dream!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

man this would be the biggest get we ever got straight out of hs. top 5 on scout. top 25 on espn. Rivals and 247 downgraded him big time.

Josh from 247 advised he hasn't been producing as much after his injury and weight increase (went to DT from DE). Though, as he mentioned, a good DT is hard to come by at times, so you take the guy based on potential and see where it leads. 

edit: After posting 22 sacks his Sophomore year, he missed a bunch of his Junior year, and just hasn't produced the same since. 

Edited by Breedwell

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

Josh from 247 advised he hasn't been producing as much after his injury and weight increase (went to DT from DE). Though, as he mentioned, a good DT is hard to come by at times, so you take the guy based on potential and see where it leads. 

edit: After posting 22 sacks his Sophomore year, he missed a bunch of his Junior year, and just hasn't produced the same since. 

He must be doing something right or someone sees the potential still.

UA All American Game

Edited by fla331boy

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

He must be doing something right or someone sees the potential still.

UA All American Game

That article was made back in October. I'm not debating his ability, but there's still nearly all of this school year left of football to play when the article was published. I'm just passing along what I've read in other sites. He just hasn't been entirely the same since his injury.

Though the speculation would be that you take him in case he can be coached up and maybe brought back to the state he was pre-injury. Give him a year to red shirt and heal up to 100% and hit the weight room. Otherwise, sounds like he is sort of riding the wave of such a dominant sophomore year. 

Edited by Breedwell

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

I would say the fact that he hasn't been as dominant since his injury is helpful to us, as maybe some of his big time offers from the other 3 of his top 4 haven't been after him as hard. But overall, he has gone from being the potentially at the very top of his class Top 10 5* to Top 100 borderline 5*/4*, still would be a great commit, and I'm pretty sure he would play significantly as a freshman, especially how thin we are at DT pending Calloway's return. Would doubt very much if we redshirted him, unless there is real concern that his previous injury has not healed correctly?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Makes me think of Marlon Gonzalez.  Beast, but injured.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

That article was made back in October. I'm not debating his ability, but there's still nearly all of this school year left of football to play when the article was published. I'm just passing along what I've read in other sites. He just hasn't been entirely the same since his injury.

Though the speculation would be that you take him in case he can be coached up and maybe brought back to the state he was pre-injury. Give him a year to red shirt and heal up to 100% and hit the weight room. Otherwise, sounds like he is sort of riding the wave of such a dominant sophomore year. 

I still say you take a chance and go after him. We will be a little thin as others have mentioned on the D-Line and he could def turn out to be a very good recruit.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

What would his commitment do for this class? Hearing good things. 

any 4 or 5 star will boost the class ranking, get us more attention and possible sway other highly rated players.  Momentum is key.  We're in the 50s now, I think, but it's the quiet period, so a lot can change in the next 4-5 weeks.