• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Coaches available?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

11.7.2 Football Bowl Subdivision - There shall be a limit of one head coach, nine assistant coaches and two graduate assistant coaches who may be employed by an institution in bowl subdivision football.

With at least 15 new head coaching positions, there should be at least 135 assistants looking for employment. Should USF target any of them? Why?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

No, we are finally good. Maybe bring in Leavitt as assistant DC/motivator

laughable

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We're #3 in the country on kick return average with 28.2 yards per return and #19 in punt return average at 12.6 yards per return.  We're also #39 in net punting which is not spectacular but above average.  Those numbers do not scream to firing the special teams coordinator, Raymond Woodie, who is also  the LB coach and assistant head coach.

Kick offs are a known issue but a lot of it is likely personnel. The fact that every kick is toward the same sideline tells me that they're intentionally kicking off in that direction and covering accordingly. Whether that's to account for the kicker or some coverage deficiency I don't know but I would assume the former.  

I have a hard time believing that he can coach all special teams to be good except for kickoffs.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

We're #3 in the country on kick return average with 28.2 yards per return and #19 in punt return average at 12.6 yards per return.  We're also #39 in net punting which is not spectacular but above average.  Those numbers do not scream to firing the special teams coordinator, Raymond Woodie, who is also  the LB coach and assistant head coach.

Kick offs are a known issue but a lot of it is likely personnel. The fact that every kick is toward the same sideline tells me that they're intentionally kicking off in that direction and covering accordingly. Whether that's to account for the kicker or some coverage deficiency I don't know but I would assume the former.  

I have a hard time believing that he can coach all special teams to be good except for kickoffs.

A lot of it is definitely on the leg of the kicker. Though even scheming for that deficiency the coverage tends to be lacking.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

Agree.

Anybody know what the average starting line was after our kickoffs? Had to be close to the 35 yd line.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We just need a new kicker that can kick the ball into the endzone and be groomed to take over FGs when Nadelman graduates.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Anybody know what the average starting line was after our kickoffs? Had to be close to the 35 yd line.

I don't have exact answer, but the deepest kickoff was the first one of the game.  They got progressively shorter as the game went on.