• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WKU Opens as a 1 Point favorite

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

At 1 point I would not touch this game, if it gets to 3.5 either way then I think the bet makes sense. This will be a close game, the people that think we will win by 20 plus are kidding themselves. I expect a close game and hope the Bulls come out on top.

What leads you to believe that it will be a close game?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

We are playing a senior laden, confident team that has something to prove to their old coach who left them for a better opportunity.  I know we played better competition and are bigger, faster and more talented but there is something to be said for spite/revenge or whatever you feel when the coach who recruited you leaves you.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,450
  • Days Won:  13

Western Kentucky is a pretty good football team, all of the Seniors were recruited by Taggs, they will be pumped up for this game. WKU also only has 2 losses this year. One by 20 to LSU and the other by 2 to a good Indiana team. Indiana may have finished 6-6 but they had very close losses to Ohio State, Iowa, and Michigan. That team has talent.

WKU also beat an SEC team this year, granted it was Vandy.

I would be shocked if this is the blowout everyone expects.

Also as one who was a huge critic of Taggs, if we lose this game there should be nobody that uses the loss to say he did not deserve an extension.

We are playing a ranked team, I expect a close game and expect a USF win, but would not be shocked if we lose this one.

Either way this has been a heck of a year.

• Upvote 2

We are playing a senior laden, confident team that has something to prove to their old coach who left them for a better opportunity.  I know we played better competition and are bigger, faster and more talented but there is something to be said for spite/revenge or whatever you feel when the coach who recruited you leaves you.

That might help for the 1st quarter. If we just play like we have been, we blow them out of the water. I never understood the "I am going to play harder because of....." Why aren't the players giving everything every game. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

You'd be an idiot to bet on this game. 

Call me an idiot then. I took the over on number of beers i'll be drinking @ 4.5, took the slight underdog of drinking the whole flask of bourbon +150, that I'll need my kid to drive back to the hotel -1500 and number of times i'll stand up and yell, "and that's good for another Bulls......FIRST DOWN", 13-18 even money

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

Also as one who was a huge critic of Taggs, if we lose this game there should be nobody that uses the loss to say he did not deserve an extension.

We are playing a ranked team, I expect a close game and expect a USF win, but would not be shocked if we lose this one.

We are playing a ranked team that he recruited the players for.

Western Kentucky is a pretty good football team, all of the Seniors were recruited by Taggs, they will be pumped up for this game. WKU also only has 2 losses this year. One by 20 to LSU and the other by 2 to a good Indiana team. Indiana may have finished 6-6 but they had very close losses to Ohio State, Iowa, and Michigan. That team has talent.

WKU also beat an SEC team this year, granted it was Vandy.

I would be shocked if this is the blowout everyone expects.

Also they lost by 28 to LSU and 3 to Indiana. If beating Vandy by 2 is their best win of the year, what makes you think we won't beat them easily? The secret untapped potential they all realize, when they play an old coach that left to make a better living?

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

Does anyone know what WKU fans are saying about the game?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Also they lost by 28 to LSU and 3 to Indiana. If beating Vandy by 2 is their best win of the year, what makes you think we won't beat them easily? The secret untapped potential they all realize, when they play an old coach that left to make a better living?

I think their offensive numbers speak for themselves. They beat every team they were "supposed" to beat, blowing out the bad teams and winning all but two (Vandy on the road and La Tech, not too bad of a team) by 16 points or more. They had impressive wins over Southern Miss and Marshall, and their win over Skippy's boys is not bad either. 

Also, against LSU, they were losing 17-13 midway through the 3rd quarter before LSU's depth and Leonard Fournette wore them down to pull away down the stretch in very sloppy, raining conditions.

These are college kids and coaching them in a bowl game and their performance in that game is definitely a wild card. 

I also don't get why you don't think athletes have the ability to find another level when they are motivated. Sure, the motivation to beat their old coach might not be the end-all, be-all, but I could see that at least factoring in, especially when the media leading up to the game the entire week keeps asking you questions about playing against the guy who came into your living room and recruited you.

I'm looking forward to a good game and a Bulls win, but we will definitely have to go out there and earn it. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,450
  • Days Won:  13

Well we better win by 50 then, if not fire everyone.

I forgot we were the new Bama, and have many high profile wins this year.

Sarcasm over....

Our best win is Temple, who is the runner up of our Conference.

Other than Temple who exactly have we beaten?