• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Who cares?  We need to worry about ourselves and worry less about other teams.

The sentimental viewership will be rooting for VT and Frank Beamer.  Do you really want to be the other team in that match up?  The TV announcers will be pontificating about VT and Frank Beamer throughout the entire game.  Tulsa will get no press, and they will be viewed as villains if they crush VT.

I prefer the match up against WKU.  We are playing a top 25 team, WKU was Taggart's alma mater, and Taggart use to be the head coach at WKU.  That is a better storyline for USF.

Still not sure why WKU is a favorite.  I guess the oddsmakers did not watch us play at the end of the season. 

Edited by hightechbull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Who cares?  We need to worry about ourselves and worry less about other teams.

The sentimental viewership will be rooting for VT and Frank Beamer.  Do you really want to be the other team in that match up?  The TV announcers will be pontificating about VT and Frank Beamer throughout the entire game.  Tulsa will get no press, and they will be viewed as villains if they crush VT.

I prefer the match up against WKU.  We are playing a top 25 team, WKU was Taggart's alma mater, and Taggart use to be the head coach at WKU.  That is a better storyline for USF.

Still not sure why WKU is a favorite.  I guess the oddsmakers did not watch us play at the end of the season. 

Probably because of the #25 11-2 > #35 8-4

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

WKU is ranked and may give us the best chance to become ranked if we win the bowl game.

For next year. This game will not get us ranked this year.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think the bowl wanted a sure thing for Beemer's last game. The Temple fans are especially pissed off about this. 

I could give two shizs what Temple fans think.  We beat them so bad, that school is nothing to me.

VT is not as good as everyone thinks.  Saw them play at GT, who turned out to be a bad team, and they struggled.  If Tulsa can muster their best game, they may have an outside shot to win.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

I could give two shizs what Temple fans think.  We beat them so bad, that school is nothing to me.

VT is not as good as everyone thinks.  Saw them play at GT, who turned out to be a bad team, and they struggled.  If Tulsa can muster their best game, they may have an outside shot to win.  

Meh... Ya never know what's gonna happen when you line up against the triple option. ::cough cough navy cough::

FSU lost to GT. FSU is a pretty good team. This is why college football is fun. #teamchaos

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If FSU had Maguire playing against GT, they wouldn't have lost.  Maguire fits FSU's offense better.  GT got beaten by teams they shouldn't have lost to.  But otherwise, your post is correct and still, VT sucks.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Camping World Independence Bowl

ok who the heck is naming these bowl games? Almost all of these names need to be redrafted because they sound terrible and irrelevant.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Probably because of the #25 11-2 > #35 8-4

FWIW, the mainly unemotional Sagarin ratings has WKU as 3 points better ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

Camping World Independence Bowl

ok who the heck is naming these bowl games? Almost all of these names need to be redrafted because they sound terrible and irrelevant.

Independence Bowl has been around for 40 years but the sponsorship makes most bowls sound terrible when you insert at the beginning ...... Could be worse, last year it was the Duck Commander I B .

• Upvote 1