• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Up 20 on Penn State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

ladies have alot more talent than the men

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I love watching the ladies play.  

What has bothered me though the past few games is (although we win in the end) that they start out each half too slow.  Yesterday there was about 7 minutes left in the first quarter before we scored our first point.  Again, going into the third quarter we started off slow and let Penn State close in. 

Yes, we beat Penn State 101 to 79, but need to get off to a running start each quarter.  I fully believe that if we get out and score early in the game, we can beat any team (with maybe the exception of UCONN).  We have great players, and the new recruits coming in are going to give us a boost in size, which has been a need for us.

Also, you have to remember that we lose both Williams and Jenkins to graduation at the end of the season.  Hopefully we have another Courtney sitting on the bench, waiting in the wings or playing but waiting to bust out next season.

If you haven't watched the girls play you are missing something great.  

GO BULLS!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Laksa will be our leading scorer next season. She has some skills. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

You Can Have Gloria.

Laura is my balla

don't know how that happened, but nyet.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

There is no one on the roster that will replace Courtney's ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound and get a jump shot off over most defenders.  Williams and Jenkins should both get drafted by the WNBA.  The team will be different for sure next year. But let's enjoy this year and see how they develop and how far they can go in the tournament.  If Laksa can start shooting anywhere close to 50% this team will be real good.

There is no one on the roster that will replace Courtney's ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound and get a jump shot off over most defenders.  Williams and Jenkins should both get drafted by the WNBA.  The team will be different for sure next year. But let's enjoy this year and see how they develop and how far they can go in the tournament.  If Laksa can start shooting anywhere close to 50% this team will be real good.

I agree Laksa has real potential.  For a freshman she is fearless, but need other players to step up as well.  I still expect our ladies to do well next season.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

If Laska and Jespersen continue scoring in double digits, and we could get Ferreira and Weber playing to their potential, this team will compete with anybody. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457

A little perspective on how good our Seniors are:

Courtney is 5th all time in points scored, 9th in rebounds, 14th in assists, and 11th in blocks. 

Alisia is 2nd in rebounds, 15th in points, 4th in blocks. 

Shelethia is 12th in assists. 

These numbers are with each of these players having most of a season to go but compared to other players who had 4 full seasons. 

Our seniors already have been to the NCAA tournament twice, won a game each time, went to a WNIT final 4, and should go to a 3rd NCAA tournament at the end of this season. 

By the way, next Saturday, Alisia has a very good shot to take over the #1 all time USF career record for rebounds. (I think she needs 9, which means she will have it before halftime)

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457

I believe she needs 10 to break Wanda Guyton's record, but don't look for her to do it on Saturday...the game is on Sunday!

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3734550

I have Alisia at 1068 and Wanda at 1077, so yes, 9 to tie, 10 to break and good catch about Sunday, I can now guarantee there is no chance for her to break the record this Saturday. 

We have a very good class coming in next year, especially with good height. 

IMO, some of those players will break into the starting lineup during the season and will make up some of the production lost with the graduation of our top two scorers and rebounders. 

We still plan on adding one top European player on signing day in February.

We most likely won't be as good starting out, but we should be able to get considerably better as the new team gels.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if we made the NCAA tourney again and a possible top 25 ranking.

Coach JF has been doing this a long time and knows what he needs to fill the holes in the lineup and I have faith that he will get them playing as a strong team in short order.