• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our next loss starts in about 30 minutes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We are really bad at the game of male basketball. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

That trip to Spain did not help 

thye need to play in a ny summer league instead to toughen up

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

My favorite play so far was the shot clock violation with Peters just standing around.

On a side note the coaching staff is terrible. Strickland doesn't say a word to anyone the whole game most nights.

In his defense these guys all have their roles.  Rouca (sp?) talks to them about defense and COA handles the offense.  Strickland is a teacher at practice.  I think Oliver Antigua handles tracking the fouls, time outs, etc.  Not sure though on that one.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Any word on when Troy Holston comes back? We desperately need him right now

Pretty sure he's out for the year.  ACL or MCL????

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Pretty sure he's out for the year.  ACL or MCL????

Yes he is out for this season. Losing him this offseason set this team back this season. We may lose most of the remaining games this season but I want to see how everyone progresses when we get to Feb and March. That will be the key heading into next season. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

We can't even beat our meat

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

With Holston out for the season, especially with an ACL tear, one can only hope he will be ready come the start of next year. He may be very tentative on that knee for quite some time. everything from driving, step backs, crashing for rebounds, to playing physical defense may change about him. I have the highest of hopes for him, but an ACL is tough, ask D-Rose. From a building perspective I think playing some of those younger guys (Santos and Guerrero) some more minutes would be beneficial to our long term goals. The problem right now is that conflicts with winning now which everyone here wants to see. Playing Perry and Cousins is our biggest lineup and right now our most effective. Yes I know "most effective" is going to get torn up by hecklers and upset fans, I understand the frustration. Peters turns the ball over an abundance but he was hardly the ball handling PG we needed when he was recruited. We don't have one. We may have one next year (Feliz) but not now. Morillo, as I've said in the past, likes to shoot the ball...thats about it. McMurray is trying to score and create offense but he isn't poised enough for the kind of load he is trying to carry and instead settles for bad shots too often. I can hardly blame him sometimes because there has to be movement off the ball to give him an outlet pass if things go wrong and I seldom see that happen. I have faith in next year but knowing that Holston, Andres, Baxter, Geno, Da Silva, and Fitts, will all be basically new additions to this years team, my only conclusion can be that we will have to get on board with a longer rebuild than most people are prepared for. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

In his defense these guys all have their roles.  Rouca (sp?) talks to them about defense and COA handles the offense.  Strickland is a teacher at practice.  I think Oliver Antigua handles tracking the fouls, time outs, etc.  Not sure though on that one.

That makes some sense but you would think an NBA all star might have some insight to what is happening on the court, especially since our guards have played so poorly.

Bottom line is this is a poorly coached team that has zero team chemistry.