• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Thanks to CWT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

I'm expecting 10+ wins in 2016 and/or 2017

Or we just pulled a DW

it is all we shall see!! Woolard was a good AD as he got us CWT and new facilties. Great scheduling deals. He did well 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

So you can never utter a word of support for the Leavitt years...

Ouch I get downvoted for calling it the hypocrisy of that statement. We can't praise CWT because "We didn't win anything or even play in a title game. Til he does, there are no need for threads like this IMO." We praise Leavitt all the time and all he did was his job. Never won anything or a title... I'm not hating just stating facts as far as I know them.  Why can you praise one but not the other?  Give Taggart time and the wins and accolades will come. And he's done enough with our soon  to be 9-4 season. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So what, we're rebuilt now cause we won 8 games in one year in a weak division? He did his job and that's what hes paid for. We didn't win anything or even play in a title game. Til he does, there are no need for threads like this IMO.

no we are rebuilt now because our roster is loaded with players that transferred from or were offered scholarships to programs like Stanford, Texas, TCU, FSU, UF, etc etc.

and we finished with our best conference record in our schools history with one of the youngest teams in the conference.

That means Taggart has done his job and should be paid more than the 8th (out of 10 as two aren't reported) highest paid coach in the conference. we did the right thing by not overpaying for him in the first place but now that he has done the hard work of rebuilding we need to pay him his due.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,006
  • Days Won:  38

and yet there are many who feel he is betraying the University by interviewing. They really need to grow up, get a pair, and see how the real world works.

It's not betrayal at all.  I just don't think a lot of people are going to thank the guy if he left without finishing the job.  Remember that's how the thread started.  Of course, internet being the internet, it turns into "haters" and other silliness.  The world is not black and white :P

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

I had given up on the Bulls after 14 years of season tickets, doubted CWT would get team to bowl. You can sign all the talent in the world, but still have to coach them up. See Texas for details.. I think CWT's decision to give up his power offense and shifting formations which had no success and no prospects for success, was critical. He moved to something that fit his players and allowed them to succeed, and also fit the skill set of the likely recruits in our talent market. We simply will never get Big 10 type linemen, which is what his old scheme needed. 

I give him kudos as a coach, and feel like he deserved his new deal-not so much for going 8-4, but waking up and fitting his scheme to the players he had, and is likely to get. He may have interviewed at SC, but my guess is that he was down the prospect pecking order. It will work well for him not to follow Spurrier, I imagine.