• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Interviewing at SC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I doubt he lands it, but if the success continues next year, he will definitely be gone.  Need to be prepared for it. Just the nature of the business ...

QFT

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

People posting in this thread should identify if they've either 1- interviewed for another job but returned to their existing job or 2- networked with an eye to possibly jumping to a new job only to stay put. Pretty sure most people do this at various points in their career. I've never done the former but have done the latter on occasion. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

People posting in this thread should identify if they've either 1- interviewed for another job but returned to their existing job or 2- networked with an eye to possibly jumping to a new job only to stay put. Pretty sure most people do this at various points in their career. I've never done the former but have done the latter on occasion. 

I see your point but coaching is different than other jobs, you can't compare the two.  We could write walls of text explaining the differences.  Recruiting being primary.     

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Don't know how he hoped to keep this secret...South Carolina media knew that Muschamp was interviewing because they tracked planes leaving Auburn and one was flying directly to COlumbia. They are serious stalkers up here...

Edited by bullcocky101

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Heck, if I was recruiting against USF, I would already be on the phone to our commits.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I see your point but coaching is different than other jobs, you can't compare the two.  We could write walls of text explaining the differences.  Recruiting being primary.     

Except all coaches, outside of places like ND, Texas, Florida, USC, Bama, etc do this. Those are the only programs who can figuratively hold this over our heads. 

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

We will definitely lose some recruits over this. We will lose many recruits over the next couple of years if he actually takes the job.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Most of our jobs don't have a primary component where we talk to recruits and their parents and promise those recruits a future, all built on trust. And then go and look for new work knowing that the search will be made public.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

How many coaches can truthfully say they never interviewed for another job? Every good coach gets opportunities to interview or show interest, whether it's publicized or not. Hell, Texas made a run at Saban two years ago, and his people talked to them, and no one in college has a better situation than Saban.

• Upvote 1