• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Interviewing at SC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

If he wants to leave, let him go.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Does not look good for recruiting...

**** hes trying to get out asap

Smart move by Taggart's agent. He's likely angling to get his client a new contract either at USF or wherever they're willing to pay for a coach like Taggart. I'd be shocked if Taggart got plucked only based off this season's results, but stranger things have happened in college football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

In all honesty, if RichRod is interviewing for that job, fat chance CWT gets it unless CRR says no. 

I think CWT is doing this to get leverage for salary and assistant pool negotiations. I don't think he gets the job. No P5 outside of the likes of Wake Forest, Indiana, or Purdue would look at Taggart right now.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

He's a great guy and a great recruiter, but his W-L record overall is pretty bad. seems like SC would want somebody more "proven"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

In all honesty, if RichRod is interviewing for that job, fat chance CWT gets it unless CRR says no. 

I think CWT is doing this to get leverage for salary and assistant pool negotiations. I don't think he gets the job. No P5 outside of the likes of Wake Forest, Indiana, or Purdue would look at Taggart right now.

You think he would risk fan and recruit perception that he is looking to get out if he really does not think he can get the job?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just feels like a punch on the gut.  Can't blame him, can you.  Harlan, the fan base, local media, lots of folks wanted him out a couple of months ago.

Maybe my whole Tom Allen is coach in waiting bit at the beginning of season was right on the money.  

I can't, leaving like this he could be vilified worse than Skippy. Platitudes, catch phrases, and all. But he did do almost the exact same thing to wku. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If true, he must be interviewing for other P5 openings also.  Will be very awkward when he doesn't get them.  How do people (fans, players, recruits) respond if he stays on?  Wow.

We respond by supporting him if he's coaching here or supporting the next guy if he's not here. If he wants to be gone then so be it. He's stocked the pantry so someone better make dinner.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I know it's about the money. But how can you be on the recruiting trail and then go to a job interview?

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Smart move by Taggart's agent. He's likely angling to get his client a new contract either at USF or wherever they're willing to pay for a coach like Taggart. I'd be shocked if Taggart got plucked only based off this season's results, but stranger things have happened in college football.

Normally would agree with you, but there are too many P5 openings this year that make a jump like this possible.   If Willie goes do we get Schiano?  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1