• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's basketball vs Delaware

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

I'm wondering with the new muma center why we still struggle to shoot the ball given the players have access to a basket 24/7/365. Do they even use it

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We hired the wrong coach. That will be even more clearer next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

We hired the wrong coach. That will be even more clearer next year.

:facepalm: Did we not learn anything from FB? Can we give him through the 3rd yr at least b4 we start firing him?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

It doesn't matter the style, be it Stan Heath's slow-em-down or KU's high-octane clone, we need floor talent: players who can score.

The recruiting has gotten better but it hasn't caught up yet.

It's too early to tell how things will turn out in the long run.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I am concerned over losses to Troy and Delaware (RPI 277 and 243 respectively) I wasn't expecting national championship but jeez, weren't we supposed to be better than last year? Or IS COA going through the same transition the CWT had to go through? Knowing he has the talent and having to just keep with the program until these teenagers/young men (really they are) figure it out? I hope so. Otherwise after the bowl game I'll be jonesin for baseball real quick.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

He is having the same problem as Coach T.  We dont have superior talent so the system has to be one that allows you to win with the players you have.  Antiguia needs to realize his players cant do what he wants to do an adjust his offense.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

:facepalm: Did we not learn anything from FB? Can we give him through the 3rd yr at least b4 we start firing him?

Never thought I would say this but the basketball dumpster fire is worse than what we experienced in football. There are players Coach O recruited on this team and they are not getting it done. Some have already stopped listening to him. Yes, by all means he gets three years to show something but it is my opinion he can't get it done. I would love to be wrong and be big crow pie but I doubt it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i learned something

give him another year

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Never thought I would say this but the basketball dumpster fire is worse than what we experienced in football. There are players Coach O recruited on this team and they are not getting it done. Some have already stopped listening to him. Yes, by all means he gets three years to show something but it is my opinion he can't get it done. I would love to be wrong and be big crow pie but I doubt it.

He is also playing minus two of his new recruits with Luis Santos has only been back for about two games. No one could have seen Holston going down how he did and that really hurt the offense we thought we would have with McMurray, Peters, and Holston. I wish I could say "man, not having a true PG is killing us" but while its true there wasn't a true PG to go out and get for COA. He went and got Andrez Feliz to play point, who he is acquainted with via his work with the Dominican team. Cousins mental fortitude isn't his most outstanding quality, but he is better than he was.

Next year, we lose Morillo, Nunez, and Cousins. On the squad we get (or get back) Holston, Da Silva, Geno Thorpe, Feliz, Fitts, Baxter. I hold no expectations of Thorpe or Fitts but I have high hopes for Holston, Feliz, and Baxter. That is a lot of new blood to hit the court and hopefully we can find a shooting stroke somewhere in the group.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

I'll see them again at Temple in early 2016, by then I hope they are improved.

Go Bulls!

Considering the Owls beat last night's opponent by around 20, hopefully it will be significantly improved.